+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I indirectly ask if she really wants me to stay or go?

How can I indirectly ask if she really wants me to stay or go?

I asked her directly what she thought & what she thought of the people who no longer want to be friends because I'll be going away.

All other times before now she hasn't wanted to talk about me leaving, always changing the subject back to what our days have been like, why are you doing tomorrow & a few laughing funny comments. This is the first time I've talked to her properly about leaving.

She said 'just remember its your life and are them friends always guna be there ?? Nahh probs not and if they can't be happy for you then shows how much of a good mate they are .' She then goes on to say I should give the job a try & if its not what I want then I can always pull out & wished me good luck for the future. Told me to do what I want & just be happy about it but it might take a while to become happy.

She never fully answered my question I.e. Does SHE want me to go ? - I know she wants the best for me and will wish me luck nomatter what. But that doesn't really tell me if she wants me to stay/go , it just shows that she wants the best for me

BUT - I really want to know how SHE feels about me going ... I.e. If it was upto her would she prefer me to stay. - she is the only reason I would want to stay at home ... I wouldn't say to her 'its upto you' thats very unfair, I would just ask her what she would do in my situation.
    How can I ask her indirectly ?

Hard question so thanks a lot !

Is "she" your girlfriend?? Just ask her directly whether she wants you to go or not!

she is a really good friend who means the world to me. We were practically in a relationship 5 months ago, but then a mutual friend destroyed it. She just finished her last relationship 2 weeks ish ago & stared talking to me again properly 1 month ago, just like it use to be - wishing each other night night sweet dreams ; talking every day asking what weve done/doing tomorrow/etc..
    I just don't know if I should leave, whether I'd be happier away or not because I don't want to go away & then to realise that I was happier at home. If U do go I will miss her the most, without a shadow of doubt ..

I repeat, ask her directly. Tell her explicitly the way you feel about her. Talk about it with her, communicate. Good luck : ).