+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help please (talking to ex GF about her new BF)

Help please (talking to ex GF about her new BF)

Basically my girlfriend and I broke up just over a week ago. We decided to stay friends but havn't really spoken as of yet, which is very understandable as we both need our space for a few weeks.

A few nights after the break up she went out clubbing and has now basically ended up with this new guy. This kind of bothers me because i'm still trying to move on whereas she seems to have almost forgotten we had a year and a half relationship at all. Sometimes I'm annoyed about it as the year and half almost felt like a waste. But other times I just think that its right shes moved on and theres nothing I can do anyway.

The problem is that she and her friends don't know that I know there something going on between her and this guy and I have no idea how long she is planning to keep it a secret from me. (And unless her and this new guy crash and burn before she tells me, she is going to have to tell me one way or the other)

So, I'm not sure whether I should approach her about it? Or let her approach me about it when shes ready? Should I EVER let her know that I knew, and just pretend I never knew when she approaches me about it?

Thanks

EDIT: I should also add that I have no intention of getting back with this girl. But I do not want to ruin our friendship.
    Last edited by Anon567; 06-02-12 at 03:05 AM.

Why are you two still talking?

BTW - she probably moved on so quickly because for her the relationship was over since long before a week ago.

We havn't yet like I said.

So why would you want to talk to her at all?

Just focus on moving on. Talking to her will only prevent you from doing so.

You two broke up. It's not your business whatever she's upto any more. Why do you do feel that she is going to have to tell you? I know it's not a nice feeling to have to find out that she's moved on so quickly. It's possible that she already moved on a long time ago before the break up or she's enjoying the attention from other guys and healing from the pain in her own way so rebounding. Whatever that is, you don't need to know.

It's too early to think of being a friend with her. You may want to wait till you are completely over her, which means that whatever she's upto shouldn't affect you in any way. That's when you know you've moved on.

Good luck!
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Realistically, you can't be friends with her. Not now. Maybe in a few years, if your paths randomly cross again. You can't be friends with her because it's messing you up and preventing you from moving on. Besides, you're not really her friend, because if you were, you would just be happy for her that she is dating somebody new. Stop lying to her and stop lying to yourself. Say goodbye and move on.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

She has moved on. If she wanted you to know, she would tell you. The fact is, she doesn't care about you anymore because she is too busy getting busy with this new guy. You probably don't even enter her mind for one second. You need to deal with this loss and get on with your life. Women get over guys by finding a new guy. You have to work through the pain or denial, and get your confidence back so you can approach another woman. It may take some time. Some guys get over it quicker than others.

Quote Originally Posted by dem862 View Post
    Women get over guys by finding a new guy.
    This is not always the case. And some guys get over girls by finding a new girl too. It is never a wise thing to do, I agree with the rest of your post.