+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spread the love aka Rep

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Spread the love aka Rep

Give your favourite posters here some 'Rep'. Its the icon at the bottom left of a post that looks like a sunburst.

Some of us are maxed, so this is more meant for our productive relative newcomers, not our ancient regulars. Say hello everyone.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I can't give you anymore... or any of my favorite posters.

Yeah the problem with giving rep is once you give it out, you can't give it to the same poster again until you have "spread rep around to others". SUCKS!!

I've been trying to give rep to a few people, but because I haven't spread it around to like everyone I can't give out more to the 1's I really want to.

I have been giving out rep, and I hope everyone else does too. It is a shame when trolls have more rep than regulars who actually give good advice. I think boredgeorge was the guy with 700 posts and two rep points while HIA and I only have one point and way more posts.

Anyway there has to be either a set number of other people you have to give rep to before giving it to person one again. If I give Indi some rep, get that stupid "spread it around message" for trying to give it to her again, there has to be a certain number of people I can give rep to before giving it to her again. Either that or there is a time limit. One of the two. How does everyone think that a few here have so much rep?

It is kinda cheating the system, which is why I haven't said anything for a long long time, but whatever. It seems like this site's days are numbered anyway. Alright, so let figure out whether it is a set number or a time period.
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I can't give you anymore... or any of my favorite posters.
    I didn't create this thread for me. Yes, many of us are maxed out. Its for those (like you, Cog, even Wakeup) who give good advice and should get more rep. Tho Idon't think they are transferable to isk just yet..

anywya, if you post here you get rep.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Incognito...I think it's a certain amount of people before you can give rep to the 1's you have to "spread some out". I've noticed that people that I've given rep to like a couple days ago, I still can't give rep to until I spread it out more. So I think it's a certain amount of people...haven't figured out how many yet though.

The hardest part is spreading the rep, there aren't that many that really deserve good rep. Then again, we could probably give out bad rep & hopefully get to the point where we can spread out the good rep to the usual people...lol

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I didn't create this thread for me. Yes, many of us are maxed out. Its for those (like you, Cog, even Wakeup) who give good advice and should get more rep. Tho Idon't think they are transferable to isk just yet..

anywya, if you post here you get rep.
    Oh, I know it wasn't for you. It's just irritating that I can't give out anymore to the ones I feel deserve it. I too miss the "Thanks" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovable
    ... Then again, we could probably give out bad rep & hopefully get to the point where we can spread out the good rep to the usual people...lol
    Yeah, it seems not to many people knew about that, which is why I didn't mention it, but its out there now. I didn't want trolls eroding our rep. Oh well. Maybe we can all take rep from boredgeorge since he is an obvious troll who doesn't deserve two rep points. I'll see if spreading bad rep allows me to give rep to those I already have given good rep to.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I remember when lilwang had negative rep points, and he whined like a baby about it... hahah
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The Thanks used to count as rep also, I think? Not sure how many counted as a rep point.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I'd like to know how many rep points equal one green bar below a person's name. Boredgeorge has two green bars despite being a troll.

I wondered about the green bars & how many points you have to get to in order to get to a second & so on. That would be something in the admin panel that the admins or owner could see & tell us. They could also set it lower or higher depending on how it's set now. The "spread more around" can also be changed in the admin panel to be able to give out good/bad rep whenever you want as well.

To bad that anyone with that kind of access is either not here or incapable of not screwing things up.

qwertz is offline Chav hater
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    George gets rep for bringing some amusement to what is a boring forum (lately).
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Didn't know this till this thread. Some features that can only be known when explained/brought up can't be that important? lol
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast