+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does it mean?

What does it mean?

I split up with my boyfriend of 6 months at the end of January. The reason was that it was long distance & he was putting in zero effort. He knew I had strong feelings for him & was ending it because I found it too difficult with the distance & his lack of effort.

Three days after we split it was my birthday & he didn't send me a Happy Birthday text or anything. Four days later it was his birthday & I text him saying I know I never meant anything to him & shouldn't be wasting my time but I wanted to wish him a Happy BIrthday. He replied that I did mean something to him but when I replied asking what changed he didn't reply.

A week later I text him telling him I miss him & got no reply. That was a week ago and in the early hours of this morning (valentines day) he text me wishing me a happy valentines day with lots of kisses. What does this mean? Is he trying to be funny? Does he feel bad & is just trying to make it seem like he cares? Is he trying to tell me he still wants me? I don't know whether or not to reply or what to put. I want him back but only if he puts more effort in.

Ask him. If he doesn't reply you have your answer. And if that's the case don't respond to his texts at all in the future. Seems he is just playing with you, or at the very least just doing things when it pleases him. Don't waste ya time on him. Find someone who puts in the effort you require and desire.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's attempting to string you along. Are you OK with being a backup plan?

Are you crazy? He is only giving attention because you pushed him away. He didn't wish you happy Birthday because he was pissed at you for breaking up with him. Pulling that "I know I never meant anything to you" is a manipulative move on your part to fish him out to see if he still want you. Stop playing silly little girl games. You broke up with him for a reason, the relationship was sucking which was the right move. There was no sense in continuing something you weren't happy with. If you ever retry this relationship the old problems will still be there, so stop farting around with this mind game stuff. So what if he misses you, that doesn't change anything from before.