+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why are my girlfriend's parents acting like this?

Why are my girlfriend's parents acting like this?

I'm 22 and my girlfriend is 19 years old. We're both planning to go on a trip but her parents do not want to let her go with me. I haven't given them any reason to think I'm not trustworthy. I've been dating her for a year now. The problem is that they let her stay out late, before I met her, she used to party alot, get drunk, smoke weed and all that. They didn't care about her at all. They're always treating her poorly. But, when I want to spend time with her they start acting all protective. That pisses me off. There's no way she's going with me if they don't let her. First they said yes now they said No. They keep changing their mind. We want to spend a few days in toronto then head to montreal. We are staying in the city. I said I'm going to take care of her and all. They even talked to my parents. That's right We are being treated like kids

Tell her to grow up, and go.

Edit: That may be hard. I didn't consider that she's probably still living with her parents with no job?? If you're going to be the one paying for it, though, they can't really stop her..short of boarding her up in her room until the weekend is over. Tell her to get a job and move out, so she doesn't have to deal with her parents.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 24-02-12 at 06:55 AM.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenheart20 View Post
    I'm 22 and my girlfriend is 19 years old. We're both planning to go on a trip but her parents do not want to let her go with me. I haven't given them any reason to think I'm not trustworthy. I've been dating her for a year now. The problem is that they let her stay out late, before I met her, she used to party alot, get drunk, smoke weed and all that. They didn't care about her at all. They're always treating her poorly. But, when I want to spend time with her they start acting all protective. That pisses me off. There's no way she's going with me if they don't let her. First they said yes now they said No. They keep changing their mind. We want to spend a few days in toronto then head to montreal. We are staying in the city. I said I'm going to take care of her and all. They even talked to my parents. That's right We are being treated like kids
    If I asked them why, what would they say?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You don't sound 22. Maybe that's part of the problem.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

if she is still living with her parents, then you are just going to have to respect them and their decisions even if you dont agree with them. what other choice do you have? be respectful towards them no matter what. it will just create drama otherwise.