+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I break up with my dream girl to make our relationship work later?

Should I break up with my dream girl to make our relationship work later?

I am an 18 year old guy and need help.

I have been in deep love and in a fantastic relationship for 3 months now with an 18 year old 10/10 girl. When I say 10/10, I mean it, everything was perfect until now - she is one of the most beautiful girls you'll ever see, she is constantly getting hit by model-agencies and what I love most about her is her personality. Great humor, intelligence, the sensitivity you expect from a girl, everything, we totally suit each other.

She does not like being single. She has had a boyfriend for most of the past 2 years (I'm not talking about one guy, there has been 2 or 3 I think). We have been dating for 4 months now, and we are in an established relationship since the end of November. The first 2 months has been fantastic and even the 3rd - but something has gone wrong when she got back from a ski trip with the schoo (a week ago)l. She hasn't cheated on and hasn't even came close to it, that is totally sure, but since she got back, things are not the same. She sometimes ignores my texts, we're not on the phone for more than 10 minutes before going to bed (though we do this every day), she is a bit cold with me (it might seem normal, but a few weeks ago she would never do any of the listed things, she would reply to my texts in 10 minutes, we would talk like at least half an hour on the phone etc etc). This is extremely weird as before her 10 day trip, we had a fantastic sex just half an hour before taking off, she cried when I said goodbye and texted me regularly during her 'holiday' about how much she loves me. You would expect that everything would be really emotional and great love would continue when we get together after not having seen each other for 10 days (we are schoolmates, so we are used to getting see each other every day).

Now I don't feel loved, but there are reasons and it is not my fault, I guess.

When she arrived home, she got REALLY ill. She is having extreme pains in her lower back and liver, but she had to travel with the school chorus 300kms to sing, and has not missed a schoolday since. However, these pains are getting better since then, today there wasn't serious aching. But another problem is that she is extremely worried as we are taking our final exams in May - she has like 4 or 5 extra lessons in afternoons a week. She told me a week ago that I brace myself as she is going to be really annoying in the upcoming weeks/months as she is stressful. Since that Monday, we meet and talk in the school, but not in the way we used to be. I loved being around her, but these 6 days has been terrible, she I have never heard or seen her laugh this week, she is like...Stressed and overused. We didn't have sex since then due to her pains in her back but I have never felt that she would want it. We talked about where to go on a date this weekend and she accepted easily that we don't have time - a month ago this would have never happened, or at least not so easily. She didn't make any effort to meet me. In these circumstances, I don't enjoy her company, but I miss her old self really much and I know that it's not a common situation and she is my princess if her life is not that hard - but it is probably going to be like this for the next 2 months until our exams.

I have been flirting with the idea of breaking up with her, telling her that I enjoyed the past 3 months very much and loved her like hell, but things are getting worse and I want to finish it so that we just remember the great love of us, forget everything bad (there has been not much). We would not manage to cut off every connection as we are in the same school and have some mutual friends. And even if I do that, I would love to reunite after our exams.

You need to know that there has not been a guy who broke up with this girl, it was always her who decided to end things. This situation would be new to her. About reuniting: she had a boyfriend 3 years ago, and she has reunited with him 3 times, but last time (6 months ago) it was clear that their relationship will never work out. Again, it was her who broke up.

What should I do know?

Clearly you feel like something has changed. She could be thinking about breaking up with you. It hurts a lot more to be dumped than to dump someone else. If you think the relationship has run its course, I don't see any problem with breaking up with her first. Most 18 year olds aren't looking for a life partner. She could get with another guy quickly if she is a 10/10. There is something to be said for getting out before the bitter end.

I think she is just very stressed, possibly because of school. You shouldn't abandon her now that she needs your support the most.