+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Been seeing best friends sister.. Kind of feel guilty and not sure what to do

Been seeing best friends sister.. Kind of feel guilty and not sure what to do

So I started seeing my best friends sister a little while ago. His girlfriend has a problem with it now, she didn't at first but now she hates the idea. She tells me that my buddy is not cool with it anymore either, but he tells me he Doesn't care and we can do what we want. Buddy's girlfriend and his sister are best friends but haven talked since we started seeing each other. She is now telling me she is going to break up with my buddy if we keep seeing each other because she Doesn't want to feel the way she feels about it anymore. I am also business partners with my buddy, I don't think much can come between me and buddy, but not sure. I really like his sister , but I don't know her that well. I do want to keep seeing her but not sure if I should , and I don't want to regret not seeing her... Anyone have any advise

Take your buddy at his word, he has no problems with you dating his sister. So, you have no problem, buddy has no problem, his sister has no problem.

Begs the question ... why does buddy's g/f have a problem? SHE is the outsider here! Ask her what her concerns are and if she doesn't have a d**n good reason for meddling, tell her to mind her own business.

If I were you, though, I would give your buddy a "heads up" before confronting his girlfriend.

She keeps giving me different reasons, she said she is jealous of the way I treat his sister because my buddy Doesn't treat her that good when they go out, even though I know he treats her very good! She says she doesn't like to think about what we might be doing when we are alone. Says that his sister is like a sister to her and I am like a brother to her and it is weird

Holy crap I thought you were teenagers!! Anywho, your buddy's GF is a nut job. If she were my GF and she was threatening our relationship over the fact she doesn't like who her friend is dating, I would gladly kick her psycho manipulative ass to the f uckin curb. Don't listen to anymore of this crap.....do not cave into it...she is trying to push your buttons so you will lose it. She is just mad because you took her friend away from her, and her BFs company isn't enough.

Lol ya it feels like I'm back in high school again. We are actually all in our late 20's. It Is shitty because I know that he loves her, and I hate that she want to put that gilt on me of them breaking up. Good friends are hard to come by, just hope she Doesn t turn him against me...

If she gets out of control, in love or not, your friend needs to know what she has been up to......you might want to have a conversation with him.

Don't give in to her pubescent bullcrap. She has no right to make any claims of that sort, and the threats she made speak volumes about her emotional maturity. It sounds like she's really more jealous of his sister and kind of interested in you, which might be why she dropped the bomb of breaking up with your friend, to see how you'd react. In any case, she's a handful and emotionally retarded, as it seems. Take your friend at his word, focus on his sister if you're that into her, and ignore that woman. If she keeps making trouble you might want to talk about it with your mate, as smackie said.

PS: any dude would prefer his little sister to go out with a best friend that he knows and trusts. It might be a bit awkward in the beginning, but they're usually perfectly fine with it. I dated my best friend's little sister for a few months, we never talked about details of course, but he knew about it and was fine with it, we were even able to talk about why things didn't work out in the end.
    Last edited by miffy; 08-03-12 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark85 View Post
    She keeps giving me different reasons, she said she is jealous of the way I treat his sister because my buddy Doesn't treat her that good when they go out, even though I know he treats her very good! She says she doesn't like to think about what we might be doing when we are alone. Says that his sister is like a sister to her and I am like a brother to her and it is weird
    The only legitimate reason she could give is if she believed you would mistreat her friend. That's not the case, in fact just the opposite. I think Miffy got it pegged ... your buddy's g/f has a crush on you and is jealous. That's a whole different problem of course. Talk to your buddy about this ... it's not worth losing a friend over a wingnut like her. Good luck with your relationship with the sister.

Tell her to get over it and if she wants to cast herself out of your circle then that's her decision. Tell her not to bring it up with you ever again.

Thanks for the help everyone.. It's a lot easier when you see what other people have to say. Hope it all works out!

Like I said don't play into her crap. If you do she will feed off your negative reaction and keep pushing it..