+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice on Age Difference for Younger people

Advice on Age Difference for Younger people

Hi, I've been talking to and hanging out with a girl I know from high school a lot lately and we've found out that we have a lot in common and generally get along really well. Also, we've both said that we are interested in each other in a more emotional way as well, but there's one problem I wanted tog et some advice on.

I am currently 19 years old and a Freshmen in College.
    She is 16 years old and a Junior in High School.

We live only 30 minutes away from each other, so distance isn't an issue at all considering we both drive. I also have no intention of breaking any sexual boundaries with her until she is at least 18. I'd also obviously get her parents approval regarding it as well. I just wanted to know what the people on this forum thought about and suggested regarding that scenario.

Feel free to ask for more details if you need them.

I think the age difference here isn't a problem. I always dated older men and three years isn't a huge difference. In some places it is illegal though so be careful on this front, but otherwise why not let your relationship blossom. Sounds like you might be able to build something beautiful!

We went out on a date on Saturday, and it was positively amazing. Thanks for the support, because my INTJ brain was really working against me.

I don't see a problem with it, but let me warn you, if she is 16, good luck. Be prepared for her to be inexperienced and maybe even throw a few tantrums. Also expect immaturity on her part. My girlfriend is several years younger than me and I have always dealt with this shit.

You're both quite young and will change a lot over the next few years. It'll probably fall on deaf ears anyway, but just be aware of that. You sound like a mature and responsible guy who is taking this seriously. That's all you need to have a working basis. Take it slow, get it right and enjoy it. All the best!