+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do I keep moving forward?

Do I keep moving forward?

Background info:
    Got out of my first "real" relationship in early January - things got bumpy in the end and she started changing, I would have done the break up sooner or later, but she took the initiative. I took a hiatus for a while after that, until now..

Now.. I'm starting to really like this girl I met 2-3 weeks ago while in the mall with a friend.. let's call her Anne (fake), and friend Bob (fake). I followed him over to his friends (whom I never knew), and it kind of went like this:
    Me (to group): hey..
    Anne (to Bob) : what's his name?
    Bob: Ian
    .. moments pass, getting ready to leave
    Anne (to Bob): what's his name again?
    Me: Ian

Maybe I got the wrong idea, but I wanted to get to know her.
    I searched her up on a local forum site (no, I was already a member there), got her e-mail and added her to MSN - and immediately hit it off, so to speak.

I'm a very very easy person to talk to over IM, if the other person tries to hold up a conversation, if not, I do the same as them. But this girl, is extremely easy for me to talk to online, there's rarely a dull moment where one of us isn't entertaining the other. But that's one of the things, I haven't seen her in person since, just because of school during the week, etc.. I made a few subtle hints I wanted to meet up with her at the mall again this weekend - I have no idea if she picked up on that or not, but she had things planned.

Mind you, for good or bad, I'm not sure, I never really came out and said "want to meet up?", though I'm usually straight up with things. She had actually made that move a while ago in saying we should hang out; I agreed with her.

In one of her latest journals on the referenced forum, there was a quiz she'd done, so I read it, and one of the questions (paraphrasing) was basically a 'do you have a crush' type, her response was positive, but she never gave a name.

I'm really getting along with this girl, more so than with anyone before, and I never expected to.. I'm going with the flow of things, letting whatever happens happen.

There are, however, a few things that I'm not sure about:
    1) She lives a distance from me (out of walking), and I have no car, a bus would be the only way out to her
    2) She is about a year and a half younger than me, though that's not a relationship factor
    3) She recently broke up with her last boyfriend
    4) I wouldn't see her so often, due to the fact of distance, mostly weekends, possibly a few weekdays here and there

Though if everything worked out, none of that would matter.

But like I said, she is extremely easy for me to talk to, joke with, and from what I can assume, I'm the same to her. We haven't really known each other for long, but that doesn't seem to be an issue. I'm just not sure if I should wait to try to assure myself she is really interested in me before I make any moves, or if I should make my own now.

I don't really have a specific question here, I'd just like to hear opinions on any part of this.

I say just sure give it a chance and ask her to go out with yah. If she acutally meets up with you then she has a little interest. Then you can go on other dates and get more confortable with each other. I believe you can only try and give it a chance. You'll never know what you might miss if you don't try. Good Luck in what you choose. Peace Out!

It looks to me that you and her have some kind of chemistry (you don't need to know the person for that to happen, it's happening to me). I think that you should try to ask her out, there's nothing to lose in doing that. About the distance, i don't think that's a problem 'cause with all the technology today (cellphone, net, pages, homephone, etc) you will be able to keep in touch with her everyday and if both of you really like each other you won't care about the distance... Ask her out....

I would say yes. When you have that chemistry, that special spark... those things you listed are nothing. It's the connection that matters. Out of walking distance... you can only see her by bus? You're very lucky that you can even see her. Seeing her as much as you said is good enough... remember, there's the phone and the internet, too. You don't have to be with her 24/7.

I'd say there's a good chance, go for it if your intuition is saying 'yes'!
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?