+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Someone please read this, I need help.

Someone please read this, I need help.

I don't know where else to go. I just hope at least some of you have the courtesy to read this.
    A girl from my school added me on Facebook in early January and started messaging me, commenting on all my photos, etc...
    Well anyway, I don't like to get attached so I never persued her. But she continued to hound me. We talked briefly throughout January, and early February. Then around February 20th we actually began to really talk. Anyway our conversations went so many directions and we talked for days, and hours on end. Some days even talking for seven or eight hours straight. Some days until four in the morning. We talked over the phone and through messaging. And of course saw eachother at school, but time was limited there. We sent a combined 12,000 messages in less than one week together. That's more than I have even sent my best friends onFacebook over three years. So anyway, one night (around 4:30 AM) she flat out told me that she "wanted me". She had told me before she didn't know if she wanted a relationship because she liked our friendship so much she didn't want it to end if "thing didn't work out" and she didn't want to "get hurt". I told her I would never hurt her. We continued to talk throughout that week. She would always wake me at 6AM with a good morning text and we would talk throughout the day. So then on Thursday we decide to "hang out" spur of the moment and we didn't really have any plans. So we kind of just drove around for an hour and a half. This is where things get strange. We had hung out before, and we had talked quite a bit right? Well later that Thursday night I could sense a change in her. Just the way she was talking and things she was saying. I didn't bring it up however until the next day. This is where she tells me this--------------------------------------------"if i tell you , you will try to change and they aren't flaws they are just things I prefer in a person I am pursuing. I think you are an amazing friend and I love ya the way you are in that way. Its too complicated to explain to someone... its just something I want in a guy I idk ''pursue''... I mean its possible things could grow but idk its complicated certain things attract me to pursue people, you have the intelligent sweet side but I like the game. I enjoy competition and more then just a win win... You don't have game. simple as that... I mean I like you I like who you are and how you treat me... confidence is sexy confidence is a chase and confidence is a game... Which you don't have."------------------------------------------------------------------------------So basically after she sent this she cut off all communication with me. What I find odd is that I'm not usually classified as a "nice guy" and I have no self esteem or confidence issues. I had no clue she wanted to "play the game" as most girls I've been with hate that and it drives them away. Really I'm confused as to why she acts like we aren't even friend now, and where and why exactly did she decide I was a "nice guy" and things shouldn't go any further. It seemed to just happen all of a sudden, and I'm just wondering why, and if in any way there is something I can do. Because like I said, I HATE to get attached because when they leave it sucks, and this proves my point further. I got attached again, and it f*cking sucks now. So if you had the courtesy to read this whole thing, please if you have any ideas, opinions, comments, questions, advice, or anything. Please post. Also you can email me directly at [email]Chonecom@gmail.com[/email]

Block and delete her. She's a nut job.

Get off the computer and go out and meet people in real life. Join a co-ed sports team or something and you'll meet girls who want to play a game of baseball or volleyball and not some game of bullshit.

Pfffft.

If you don't want to block and delete her YET.. then send her a final "Lmao" and then . Do not contact her again. If she wants to talk to you then ALWAYS let her be the one doing the initiating that convo and then you ALWAYS be the one to say goodbye after a short time (like 10 mins). Wean yourself from the addiction of talking to her for hours on end and then when you're used to not talking to her it will be easier for you to block and delete her for good.

Life is too short to be cartering to little princesses who want you to jump through their hoops.

It sounds to me like she is the type who thinks they know what they want and they pursue it heavily but change their mind and act like it was never that big to them. Fickle is the word that came to mind. Or maybe she likes getting guys hooked on her and then leaving knowing they want it bad. It might be a good thing she ended things now with you. What if she dated you and you fell for her even more and then she decided then that she wants something new or different. Try to find someone who is sure of who they are and what they want. Also someone who knows how to treat a person with common respect. Its pretty cold what she did. I kinda of went through something similar two years ago. A guy from HS messaged me a lot and left lots of comments on my pictures. I had not been with anyone for a long time so I decided to date again and he seemed nice. I had a few bad feelings but I made excuses for him or said it was me just scared of getting hurt. I was like you and trying to be careful. We were together awhile and he acted so sweet when we were together. He acted like he was falling in love. But then when I said I wanted to know that I was the only one he was dating, no titles or anything just exclusive-he said he couldnt do that. That he wasnt ready for a relationship. So I made excuses again. He didnt say he was dating anyone but was just interested in other girls. But then I found out he was sleeping with two other people at the same time as me. They were more friends with benefits and he used me as the girlfriend experience. So basically I let him know he was a sociopath to do that to someone like me. I was very good to him. I know they meant nothing to him and he wanted me back and got depressed but I never went back. So this could have happened to you. Be thankful it didnt. It hurt like hell. Its the worse feeling in the world to know you treated someone so well and then when you finally hear the truth you literally feel a knife go through you and you wont ever forget it. I think you dodged a huge bullet and you will get over her. It just takes time. You will see later that there is someone who will make you happier and do you honestly believe she is the best you can do? You can do better

You got friendzoned. Oh well, her loss. She sounds like a very emotional person, who acts on her emotions. It felt right for a while, and then it felt wrong. There is often no logic behind it. The thing to do is move on. If there is a lesson to learn from this, it is that anyone can end any relationship at any time for any reason.
    Last edited by dem862; 12-03-12 at 05:23 AM.

Its her issue. Not yours. Forget about it

^What they said. Friendzoned, and not a nutjob, but insecure of her needs and what she wants, you're better off ignoring her from now on. You don't go from "I want you" to "You don't have what it takes" if you know what you want and are secure in your personality. She's either playing games or totally unsure, either way, don't blame yourself and move on. We've all been there in one way or another.