+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Happy Birthday or Decision Time?

APR is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Happy Birthday or Decision Time?

Here I am , 5 days from seeing the love of my life and i feel nothing. Not an ounce of excitement or wanting to see her Saturday 3 days before her bday. Let me catch you up, before i ask the million dollar question, are we over? We used to work together 12 years ago. We reconnected 2 years ago and the first year of the relationship was very good. I got passed her sleeping with her kids father a month in to the relationship which crushed me when i found out about many, months afterwerward thanks to in part i also tripped on my kids mom as well. No biggie. I slowly fell in love with her like i have never felt for a woman. I turned in to the guy i used to make fun of. The guy that wants to be romantic, the guy that cries when he is so in touch with his feelings for this woman that emotion busts out when i least want it to. I decided our love was strong enough to withstand distance and i took on a job in my beautiful PR.We live in Miami. Before taking job i ask her if she would "entertain" the idea of relocating to PR. She says she would need to think about alot of things before making such a drastic decision (obviously) so i went for it. That all changed when i decided to ask if Summer 2012 was possible. Now she has no plans of moving. I should of known better to think it was more than 10% possibilty. As if she only said "maybe" to lead me on to what some might see as i lie. So October i move to PR. She came to PR for my birthday in DEC, since then i have gone to Miami New Years Eve, Valentines Day and she knew i was going for her Bday this weekend. Mind you when i go, i spend one day or two max and that is it. So she is a single mom with kids. She has a KIDLESS week, does she come see the boyfriend in PR who misses her sooo much? Noooo! She is off to Cancun with her girlfriends. I have flown there 3 times for her, and the ONLY WEEK she is off she doesn't phantom to think let me go spend this week with the man i supposedly love.Her excuse? I am going to see you on Saturday Baby. For one day tell her. Is that enough for her? It is not enough for me. I want to be with her, i miss her. But i believe she is not showing the same amount of love for me as i have for her. The long distance thing might not be an issue, as job is Seasonal. But now i ask myself, will we make it that far?do i try and have a nice time and not ruin her birthday weekend and ignore my feelings? Or do I ask her if that is the way things will always be, that as long as she sees me 12 days a year she is content cuz it's only temporary and not WANT to be with ME as much as she can.am I just wasting my time letting this relationship exist? Suggestions?

I am not a Believer in long distance relationships, however some people have made it work. I just think that in order for it to work that one of you needs to be willing to eventually move to the other person