+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls do u really call a guy back if ur still interested?

Girls do u really call a guy back if ur still interested?

Ok so I was talking to this girl hung out with her a few times(with other friends) things were going really good she seemed really into me and showed so many signs of interest so I asked her out on a date she accepted but then she cancelled the day before the date I posted a whole story in love advice forum if u want to look for it been a few days since she cancelled the date I haven't heard anything from her I texted yesterday telling her me and some friends are going to grab some drinks if she can make it she's invited and no reply so I've decided ok it's time to move on I sent her last text message "you seem to be busy so I'll just leave you alone so you can do your thing! Have a good one "

Now the thing is eventhough I decided to move on but there's still a little hope that she might try to contract me back soon or later so my question is do girls really try to contract a guy if she's still interested? Even if he's stopped contracting her?

I talked to some of my girl friends and they're all saying they wouldn't and they tell me not to give up I should give her time and try to contract her again later

I see in your message, you want her to know your seething disapointment you have with her because she gave you hope that there was something but she is avoiding you now. After a message like that, you would be perceived as a jerk and would never bother with you again.

If you were smart you would just leave it alone, no final message, nothing.....just be cool about it and let it roll off your back and chalk it up as a no go.
    Last edited by smackie9; 15-03-12 at 12:17 AM.

I would be a little annoyed at that last message you sent.
    seems a bit passive agressive, but you had already invited her to hang out before that and got no response.
    the ball is in her court.
    you shouldn't have to be the only one trying.
    i know if it was me and I wanted to hang out with you...I would've at least replied and said "oh. can't tonight, but i'll let you know when i'm free"
    and then i would have let you know when i was free.
    i know it sucks, but maybe just give her some space.
    see what happens.
    if it's meant to be, it'll be.

First of thanks for replies but I'm not really asking about my situation I know what I did maybe it wasn't a right move but I've already decided to move on if she calls that's great if she doesn't oh well

I'm just asking in general let's say you're a girl you met a guy he's adorable u guys hit it off really well u like him and u know he likes u then for whatever reason he stop contracting u would u be trying to contract him? Or do u think it's guys job to chase the girl?

i'd want to him to make the first move, yeah.
    after that i'd contact him.
    he shouldnt have to do all of the work.

Well then you should have just asked the question without your personal story....I was under the impression you wanted some opinions on your situation.

My answer, I don't contact anyone that I am not interested in. If I was interested I wouldn't hestiate to call. If I was really interested I would never cancel a date. If I had no choice but to cancel I would set another date right there. See where this is going for you?

There are just some girls out there that don't like to reject or say no, especially in person......they rather just avoid you (rude I know) and hope you get the hint and go away.

Like I said before, it's better to be cool, and leave it. NO CONTACT.

Quote Originally Posted by surp View Post
    ......let's say you're a girl you met a guy he's adorable u guys hit it off really well u like him and u know he likes u then for whatever reason he stop contracting u would u be trying to contract him? Or do u think it's guys job to chase the girl?
    If I am certain that he likes me as much as I do, then all of a sudden he stops contacting me, I would be worried. I don't chase a guy but in this scenario where I am reasonably confident that attraction is mutual, I'd definitely contact him and see what happens. If there is no follow up to it, then that's my answer. So, I will move on.

I will think that the person is very rude though. It's not very hard to let the other person know if he has changed his mind. That happens. Not a big deal. If he didn't have that decency after we had a few good dates, it's only a good that that it didn't work out.
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-