+ Follow This Topic

Thread: there's this girl and I have less than a month left. HELP :((

there's this girl and I have less than a month left. HELP :((

Hi to all, I am really in a predicament here. As I have said, there's this girl who I've known for two years. We're in college and we knew each other since sophomore year.

Two years ago, I fell in love with her. really really in love. but I was childish and just let it flow. Never told her. We were close and really close. We did a lot of stuff together since we are classmates and she is a member of the same organization i am in. We ate together everyday, walked together to the point that we were leaving others behind, at night i would accompany her to the dorm and wait till she gets in and she would text me after to go straight home and won't stop till she knows im on the way. And came my birthday where I had to plea to her to come. It took me three times to convince her as she didn't want to go because she said that why is she needed there? The one I love (referring to one friend i once liked) is already there. But at the end she came. We had an agreement of me not getting drunk, but somehow I kinda had too much and she noticed. So she went inside my room where our other friends who came to stay overnight are. She was angry and after a while, I managed to calm her down. She didn't want me to go out again but I had to because of the other guests. When I came back I was playing even more drunk as my friend suggested that I tell her how I feel out of sheer alcohol intoxication. I ended up spurting out words about my feelings in a way that I knew that hurt her.

We kinda drifted apart after that. But during the course of junior year, we were good then not then good again. But I never mentioned my feelings again after the first time i did. I even tried courting another girl in hopes of really forgetting her as someone special. But she was there all the time, she even objected about the girl since she said that the girl wasn't good enough for me. We even fought about that. Even during that time, it was special whenever I am with her. Up to now, I still remember them crystal clear.

So anyway, here's the main part. When we stepped into senior year, we had a series of nonsense fights. This lead to me becoming angry at her because my pride got hurt. This was my biggest mistake. We never spoke to each other for the next nine months. during this time she went into internship in another place so I would only see her at field trips. Whenever I saw her, I somehow recall the good times. The moments that was perfect. I realized my mistakes. I wanted to reconcile. It took me a while but after a few tries, we became ok, but not great. This is natural I know.

Okay that's the story. Here's the matter about the less than a month left. One month from now she's gonna graduate. Technically, I won't be seeing her again as our worlds are definitely heading the other way. The problem is, I don't wanna let her go. I can't let stupidity get the best of me again. I want to chase her, I want to do something. I can't let this one month pass without her becoming mine or at least let her know this time for real that I really love her. I am afraid she'll just reject me all over again yet I don't really want to lose her. Please someone give me an advice.

Sorry for the long post. this is my story.

Hey, I'm new here but I'll try help.

From reading, you we're obviously close, and she cared about you and probably still does. You have to give it one last shot, you have nothing to loose. Try be calm, put her at ease, smile. It might work out for you, it might not but If anything you'll get closure and with the world today, there is no reason to not keep in touch with her too, Facebook, text's etc. Who knows what might happen in the future.

I hope it goes well for you, but it will go how it's meant to go.

Good luck, Olly.

Hi olly, thanks about that. Sometimes when we're really serious, i don't know but it just seemed hard to make the right decision. Especially if it determines what happens tomorrow. I sometimes wish that i could have matured earlier and realized everything earlier. Anyway thanks, someone did say the say and taking your advice into account. It relieves to know that someone believes that i should go for it.

Hi.

Absolutely, you have to go for it. We only get one chance in this life, believe me the last thing you want to do is look back in however many years from now and wonder "what if"..what if I had the courage to just tell her how I felt.. and what if she felt the same, knowing one way or the other is better than never knowing at all. You get closure.

As for realising things earlier..we would all love that wouldn't we? Hindsight is a wonderful thing, problem is, we never have it when we need it, only when we are looking back.

Pull her up, tell her what you want to tell her, like I said, be calm, put her at ease and smile, never underestimate a smile, but not a creepy smile!!

I hope it works out for you, one way or the other..but I really hope you get your girl! Let me know how it goes.

All the best, Olly.

yeah thaks again olly, will update you on what happens. Thanks for the tip. Let's hope there's no second rejection. haha. cheers.

You threw this one away on more than one occasion, so any other advice aside, your only route to take is simply to maturely (if you can manage that) tell her how you feel, and ask her if she would consider a date with you.

The video below summarizes how I feel you've played this so far.

Please skip to 0:37

"All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

@Cerby: Wow, the video hit me like a solid wall. Thanks for the advice though.

@Olly: Update, I just confirmed today that our closeness is recovering faster. We even spent time together going around doing tasks. Tomorrow I'm gonna cook for her like before. She teased me to cook her favorite dish. I bet she missed my cooking after nine long months. But I gotta wait a little more.