+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My gf left me for a girl

My gf left me for a girl

I dated a girl for around 2 years, everything was great perfect fairytale. She then met a girl who was attracted to her and she fell for her. She told me she was confused and I hung around for months doing all the good things a bf can do while she went behind my back and hung out with this girl. People tell me it has nothing to do with me and she missed out on a lot of college because she has a child. I failed to mention she has a 3 yr old son who was not mine yet I took a father figure role in his life. So how do I deal with this? She obviously cheated on me for months and lied to keep me around yet I can't seem to let it all go. Some part of me wants to believe its a phase or whatever, but how can I ever trust someone like that again? It all started in August. We tried till November didn't speak till December, got back together in January and now is with her again.

Bisexuals are confused sorts. You should probably run (aside from the fact that she's a lying cheating harpy as well).

Let it go and find a straight girl.

Cheating is cheating. End it.
    Spammer Spanker

Whore-able. Totally horrible. Missing out on "fun times" in college because she was careless enough to get herself pregnant is no excuse. She needs to figure out if she's gay or straight and not bring a mix of men and women into her childs life in the meantime. You don't want to be with a confused vagina anyway.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Look what happened when you gave it a brief break and got back together? Nothing changed, and why should it? She still got to have you after what happened. Trying to have fun because she is pregnant is shirking her responsibilities as a parent, or accepting them more like. Anybody that can't handle the responsibilities of being a parent probably can't handle the responsibilities of being in a relationship.

Those months she was with the other girl, did you notice anything different? Was she not giving you 100 percent? Lots of excuses? That should be a sign that she wasn't for the relationship, even if she wanted to be with you again after. She lost what you provided and wanted that, but wanted the other girl too. The selfishness of having your cake and eating it too. Damn it's awful.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Thanks everyone I appreciate the advice. What do you suggest in terms of making it easy to get myself back on track? It kinda got to me that she left me for a girl.
    ""Each day is a special gift from God, and while life may not always be fair, you must never allow the pains, hurdles, and handicaps of the moment to poison your attitude and plans for yourself and your future. You can never win when you wear the ugly cloak of self-pity, and the sour sound of whining will certainly fr...ighten away any opportunity for success. Never again. There is a better way."

Don't think of it as her being unsatisfied with you. She was unsatisfied with herself... a juvenile Lickalotapus quivering in the low laying scrub.

I haven't spoken to her in a few weeks b/c she wanted to be friends and I said I couldn't do that. A lot of people say quick rebound sex is the best way to get over something like this? Agree or Disagree?
    ""Each day is a special gift from God, and while life may not always be fair, you must never allow the pains, hurdles, and handicaps of the moment to poison your attitude and plans for yourself and your future. You can never win when you wear the ugly cloak of self-pity, and the sour sound of whining will certainly fr...ighten away any opportunity for success. Never again. There is a better way."

I dunno. It always leaves me feeling flat but then again, you have to find a decent prospect who wants to just screw. If I had to do it all over again... I would have printed up a T-shirt with, " Need Rebound Sex? Me too, Enquire Here" and gone to a club, concert, or pub.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    I dunno. It always leaves me feeling flat but then again, you have to find a decent prospect who wants to just screw. If I had to do it all over again... I would have printed up a T-shirt with, " Need Rebound Sex? Me too, Enquire Here" and gone to a club, concert, or pub.
    I'm curious if that would work. Not because I want rebound sex, specifically, but because I want sex. It seems worth a try, at the very least...

I've had t-shirts made up for other things and they've worked to get like minded people to approach and connect on some level. Can't see why it would be any different with rebound sex.

What did those T-shirts say? Could use a leg up

Mostly political or social commentary stuff done up in stock bold block letters. I haven't tried picking up with one although it should work the same.

"Cyclists are shaved roadkill" got me talking to a lot of fellow cyclist haters at a pub, a few of which were hot chicks. It also nearly got me into a big fight with the Nair/Spandex Maffia.

Next time I'm single, I'll do a pick up line shirt and repost the outcome in this forum.

How about the T-shirt Hugh Grant's roommate had in Notting Hill? On the front it said "You're Beautiful" and on the back it said "Wanna ****?"
    Spammer Spanker