+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It's been a week..

It's been a week..

It has been a week since I was dumped. It was a one year long distance relationship, no problems whatsoever,we had plans to be together this year, until he got really sick/has a major health problem and decided he couldn't be in a relationship at all at this time because of being extremely stressed and not knowing where he'll be (even alive), his life is up in the air, has nothing to offer me etc etc. It has been extremely hard on me, unusually so. I have been reading on ways to help heal after a break-up, and all the advice I have read says there was a reason it didn't work, accept it and learn from it. But the thing is, the reason was/is him getting sick. Had he never gotten sick, I wouldn't be typing here about this. What is there exactly to learn from this? He said it was bad timing, him getting sick like that while in a relationship with me, so all I can see is learning, again for the 100th time in my life, that Yes, life is unfair. How is that suppose to help me? That makes me sadder and angrier. If there had been problems in the relationship and he got sick and then dumped me, I dont think I would be having such a hard time as I am

I have been dumped before, and it hurt, but I knew why, because two people didn't mesh well together. I learned from my "mistakes" and others peoples "mistakes", But this is different. I understand why, but it isnt because we didn't love each other, respect eachother, get along, etc. It was something LIFE threw in there that neither one of us had control over. And I'm sad, angry, feeling rather rejected by not only his choice, because he didn't HAVE to let me go (but that is what he strongly felt was right in his mind), but I am all that at life.

I never felt life was being unfair by going through a break-up. I just seen it as a lesson. But again in this situation what lesson is to be learned here? Exactly what?

I cannot think of anything this situation has taught me that I already didn't know.

The more I try to be positive the more I resist it, the more I think how crappy life is. Talking about it pisses me off, thinking about it pisses me off. Trying to ignore it pisses me off. Nothing I say or do is making it any better.

Hang in there. I know what it's like to get the "everything happens for a reason" talk.

I got hit by a car 7 years ago on my streetbike and was pronounced dead 4 times on the way to the hospital with 11 broken bones and 1 year of not being able to walk.

2 years later i was diagnosed with liver cancer and treated for 18 months, with no good outcome in sight. Until it was figured out that it was not in fact cancer, but cell mutation from being poisoned.............. by my now EX-WIFE.

A lot of things in life show the reasons they happen. One thing to look at, your boyfriend obviously loves you enough that he does not want to see you go through all of the pain that he may. Is his condition terminal? If you really want to stand by him through a long battle, give him a little time and go back and tell him that you want to go through thick and thin with him, ask him if he would do the same for you. He may have done what he did out of pure emotion of not burdening you. He needs to understand, there are 2 people that should discuss something like that.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by chasesummer View Post
    2 years later i was diagnosed with liver cancer and treated for 18 months, with no good outcome in sight. Until it was figured out that it was not in fact cancer, but cell mutation from being poisoned.............. by my now EX-WIFE.
    No way. What was she poisoning you with?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh