+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my ex bf doesn't let me go :(

my ex bf doesn't let me go :(

me and bf (trying to make him ex bf now) have been together for 3 years now..during all this time it has been a love-hate relationship...one day we are all over each other, on the next day i could be crying and shouting at him...

i told him numeous times we cant be together anymore.....he says he loves me ..cant live without me..doesnt want any other girl...and such...i love him but i cant put up with all the drama..and my heart hurts telling him that i cant be with him...i have feelings for him, but i cant continue living like this...

he send me msg every other day to see how i am doing and stuff..i try not to respond him because the sooner he realise i wont be with him ,the better..i swear i told him 10000 times i dont want to be with him..he doesnt listen!!

i explained him how i feel -didnt work then i wanted to put him off me so i tried to be rude and mean to him , didnt work , then i was begging him to leave me i was telling him i got a bf , i hate you bla bla...even i told him im scared from him cuz he is a bit stalkerish ( he is not though)...so

now i dont know what else to do ..do i just cut contact with him?(for that i need a new number!) do i talk to him again?what should i do !!he is not the guy for me but he is wonderful person i do care for him! im very confused ..please share your experience

Yes you should just cut contact with him. No, you don't need a new number, you need to grow a set and just send his calls to voicemail whenever he calls. He'll get the message soon enough.

BTW, he IS being a bit stalkerish - he's harassing you via text and phone call. You can actually get a restraining order to make him stop.

Seriously, you should cut contact! You've admitted, the relationship has faltered, the longer you still make minimal contact with him, he sees hope and you don't want that! Plus, from his behavior, he will become infatuated with you, not in the terms of love, but in the sense, of not ever wanting to let you go, he will Romanticize the bad relationship to make himself feel better, but the more he romantiticize, the more you move away and that spells serious trouble, CUT THE CORD NOW! you're doing it for his future, he will thank you later!

Use whole messages. I see, I think, I feel, I need. Be clear.

He doesn't love you, he loves the concept of being in love with you. If he really loved you, he would respect your feelings and let you leave him. Dump him now, for your sake and even for his sake. If he makes good on his suicide threat, that's his choice and not your responsibility. And if he won't leave you alone, get a restraining order and maybe also a taser.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

i know you all have a point ...i feel really bad because it is his birthday today but i know i have to keep the no-contact strategy ..he just texted me that i forgot his bday

Don't answer him. He is trying to manipulate you into replying by making you feel guilty. If he really loved you, he wouldn't do anything that might make you feel bad - including this. He seems to be dependent on you and the emotional roller coaster you provide him with. Once you've told him once and for all that you will NOT talk to him again until you both get over your feelings, there is no valid reason for breaking the no contact rule (unless something tragical happens or something).

that guy is nuts, cut all contact, and watever you do, dont reply to none of his text or calls..