+ Follow This Topic

Thread: trust issues

trust issues

The last few months i have issues with my boyfriend, we've been together for more than a year know and i have never been able to trust him. One reason for that is because im insecure, but also because he has an open an honest opiniun about how girls look ( that there hot etc) and he says it in front of me. Also in the beginning he loved to tals about his experianses with his ex girlfriends and when i asked him to stop he would continue. And lately his likes to talk with his exes all the time and hangs around with girls alone. I know this is a pretty stupid story but i really love him and i dont want to lose him. But when i talk to him he says i should stop being insecure and get over it. Is it worth being in this relationship??

I have lived the exact same thing you do with insecurity. I used to be really BAD. I would leave a girl if she said a guy looked "cute" because i of some things girls had done in previous relationships. It was a long hard road to get there, and i'm still not "all the way there" but i have come a long way. I'm 31 and my girlfriend is 22 and she says things like that, mostly about movie stars and singers though. I've told her that it bothers me, and she turns and says "i'm just saying that there hot, cute or whatever. I'm not and won't leave you." And i stop and think about it, and there is zero other things in our relationship that she does to ever make me think she would be untrue. And the way im trying to look at it, is that she just says what other people think in there minds. As far as talking about sex with ex's and all, i did draw the line there and told her i want to hear nothing of her past ex's good or bad, lets be concerned about us here and now and let go of that past. Fortunately, she has subsided with that. I hope this helps, as i know how bad it can be having insecurities. I am having a tough time with some things with my gf right now because of my insecurities, so i understand.

Can you take a break from the boyfriend and work on your confidence issues. If he's disrespecting you it's probably not going to be a healthy relationship. There are plenty of men who will make you feel like the world revolves around you. You don't need a player like him. Oh yeah, he'll promise to change, over and over.