+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What goes inside a guy's head when a girl proposes him?

What goes inside a guy's head when a girl proposes him?

what does it means when a guy neither accepts or rejects a girl proposal.. i just messaged a frnd of mine that i likes him but never told him so coz i thought it wud sound weird and crazy... he didnt reply back... now i dnt know if he actually thinks its crazy... plz advise

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Maybe you should have added it with "I don't need a reply now, but I want you to think about it". If you've known each other for quite some time before this happened, you could ask for a time frame for his reply.
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

Hi help_me! Your que would depend on a number of factors such as how long you two have known each other, how serious the relationship is, etc. Assuming you've been a bf gf couple for quite some time and you're certain that the mutual attraction/connection/'chemistry' is there, then you should feel free to let him know how you feel. From my male perspective, I actually get very flattered when the person I'm talking to comes out and admits her feelings. There's also this "rush" we men tend to get (heartbeat racing, butterflies in stomach, mind goes blank, etc).

In your situation, that guy may have possibly been "taken back". Chances are it may have been a pleasant shock or pleasant surprise and he doesn't know how to respond. Sometimes whenever we men are in a state of (pleasant) shock or surprise, our minds go blank and we don't know how to respond.

I hope this helps. My advice would be to wait a few days to see if he replies. If no response, then after a few days let him know that know matter how he feels, you'll respect his response.

thanks for the quick advise... yeah we have known each other for 4 yras now and were ex-colleagues... even after that we did met often ... but the relationship never went beyond that and i was always waiting to figure out if the feelings are mutual. now since he is leaving the country i somehow cudn't muster the courage to tell him on face...now i am not sure if it might actually effect our existing relationship.. also in case of no response, i am at a loss of how i go back to being usual...

ok so here's the twist... a day later i get a reply from my friend saying that it was not crazy if i told him that i liked him (as since he is a very likeable person)... but it sounded more like being on a friendly note than anything else .. now i am more confused than ever... i am supposed to meet up with him soon for lunch... plz help as to wat i sud do... sud i now refrain from saying anything?

You are asking him on a date? Let me guess, you didn't use the word "date" did you? Please provide the exact phrasing of the message you sent him. It might have been too vague.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

In a tree somwhere (I'm on the fifth leaf on the 16th branch)
    Is he leaving the country for good? for a while? this stuff matters in a lot of ways since things do get quite complicated. Since you've known him for a few years already, then I assume you know him enough to do what is best. The common cliche is that "It's better to tell him or regret it for the rest of your life" however, there is another saying that counterbalances this one. So, like I said, depending on the situation, "Some things are better left unsaid"
    He who laughs last, thinks the slowest

i wudnt called it a date... coz i have observed that most of the time he has the habit of asking out indirectly (like for the lunch he said one of our common frndz wanted to meet for lunch on his last day).. anyways after the message incident, i randomly messaged him saying we sud go to the pub to which he agreed...we were out till early morning hours and talked a lot...i tried to test his reaction by picking up a dance with a stranger while my fnrd went out to get me a drink... he just came back and stood there untill i went back to him ...... now i seriously dont understand.. lets say as a girl if unless i am interested in a guy or the guy a a really good frnd of mine i woudnt be roaming around... does the same rule applies for guys as well?

Quote Originally Posted by help_me View Post
    what does it means when a guy neither accepts or rejects a girl proposal.. i just messaged a frnd of mine that i likes him but never told him so coz i thought it wud sound weird and crazy... he didnt reply back... now i dnt know if he actually thinks its crazy... plz advise
    No he is not interested in you. I know guys are scared to talk to a girl whom they like. But if girl tells them that she like him, that guy will Damn be brave enough to reply you back and know what you mean by liking