+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex doesn't want to remain friends...? Help!

Livelaughlove17 Guest

My ex doesn't want to remain friends...? Help!

My ex and I dated 2 months. We have always had a more than friends relationship, but we clicked so well. We broke up because he is shipping out soon. He said "I was a great girl and that he had feelings but he needs to be single when he ships out." we broke up 2 weeks ago and haven't talked since. I can tell he really liked me; we didn't have sex, he never asked for it and I was pretty much the center of his world when we were together. When I see him at school he acts like I don't exist, so for a while I thought maybe he never cared, but when my friend brought be up a few days ago he kept looking down and just kept saying "I had to end it" and sighed, then quickly changed the subject. My friend said he seemed like he didn't want to end it, he just had to. Do you think he doesn't want contact because he still has feelings? Or he never cared? Any input would be great!!

It's been only 2 months and he's shipping out soon.

I'd take his words at face value, stop investing any more time and emotions and find a guy who I can see as often as I want to!
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Livelaughlove17 Guest
    I guess I just can't tell if it's cause he's trying to get over his feelings or if he never gave a shit and just pretended he did...
    Last edited by Livelaughlove17; 25-03-12 at 10:38 PM.

He doesn't want to be friends because he can't go back to being 'just friends' after what you had together. He sounds like a very wise man. Enjoy the memories of your time together, but give him space to start his new life. In time, he may be able to be friends again. But knowing he is going away, it is best to cut the ties so he isn't worried about you all the time.