+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dilemma with this infatuation

Dilemma with this infatuation

im jamie 19, and i live in halls in london. I'm gonna cut to the chase with this, recently (3-4 weeks ago) had a party organised by my halls in which everyone turned up including a girl who only really came to my attention then. Before i hadn't been so aware of her, i just acknowledged her looks when i passed her in the dinner hall. At the time i thought she's very pretty (been told shes a model) but ive been around beautiful girls before and i know well it is a common thing. however, for the first time i feel something. it's weird and if im honest ive never really expierenced anything like this. ive had previous girlfriends but they wern't long lasting, i think its fair to say ive never been in love actually. i feel an urge to meet her now, its a hard thing to explain and a friend described it as infatuation, where you get butterflies when you hear her name mentioned and an increased heart rate when you see her. i don't even know this girl and yet i feel something for her. i only recently realised she's on my floor but lives further down the corridor so we only pass each other in the lift which is not very often. Anyway since noticing her at that party ive seen signs of interest from her like when she's walking down the corridor she gives me a stare and then smiles. At dinner i'll be sitting with my friends (she has a different group) and i can see her looking over my direction rather often. but the best instance was (before the infatuation started) i was standing in the queue at dinner behind her and while talking to her friends she several times turned around in my direction and quickly glancing at me. i really dont want to sound cocky in any way but i have always been told im a nice looking guy by people (did modelling a couple of years ago). I'm socially confident, and have a great group of friends in my halls, but when i think about this girl i either feel excited or frustrated (lack of chances to meet her). now we get to my question to you guys, since the party despite my crush on her ive been playing it cool, looking back at her at dinner from time to time, just to let her know ive now noticed her. but for me it's not enough i just want to meet her (in a subtle way) even if i see her in the lift i want to smile and at least say hi (Although sod's law it hasnt happened recently) my problem is we have very few mutual friends which makes life difficult for me to actually meet her. i spoke to a guy last saturday night who ive seen hang out with her at dinner and made a special effort with him, (invited him to sit with my friends and offered him some of my beers) and just asked him who she is really. he said he'd introduce us at dinner and even though i would be fine with that, it just seems too obvious.
    i guess what im asking is how can i do this? whats the best approach to take with regard to my situation. ive never obsessed about a girl like this before and the worst part is i dont even know her. all i know is that i have to at least meet her whatever it takes. (also dont tell me to just leave it and not bother trying because i wont do that).

time is also short as i think the halls contracts expire in a couple of months, so any help would be much appreciated.

cheers,

Write her a note that says you want to take her on a picnic, then start texting her.