+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Unexpected E-mails

Unexpected E-mails

Had two e-mails from the man I met twice and decided I didn't want to see again.

Before he left (and before I told him it was a non-starter) I gave him one of my guitars that I don't, and will never use as it was only taking up space.

Got an e-mail from him at the weekend to tell me he'd repaired it and donated it to a local childrens' hospice where it was auctioned and raised a nice sum of money for their funds.

I wrote back and thanked him for doing this - it was a lovely thing he did.

I did mention that I was having problems with my wrist and may need an op on it but left the e-mail in such a way that it didn't need a reply.

Get's another e-mail from him yesterday, which read:

"...sorry about your wrist. Shame you decided not to get involved with me as I would have enjoyed looking after you XX".

I'm thinking what a shame he rushed things so much and put me off him. I haven't replied.

Don't, if you're not interested then don't bother.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Don't, if you're not interested then don't bother.
    +1

you shouldnt have told him about your wrist because its inviting him in for conversation

Or wait for 3/4 weeks and give it another go,maybe he got to know he should slow down...if you like him,of course.
    Its not all black or white.

Quote Originally Posted by couchpotato View Post
    Or wait for 3/4 weeks and give it another go,maybe he got to know he should slow down...if you like him,of course.
    Its not all black or white.
    I like him but as a friend only. He wants a proper relationship without really getting to know me. I think it's a lost cause there because we are both dominant personalites and would clash. I haven't replied to his latest e-mail but I don't think I've heard the last from him either.

Yeah don't reply.

His 'groping' was rather distasteful to me too, lol.
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Quote Originally Posted by oneandonly View Post
    Yeah don't reply.

His 'groping' was rather distasteful to me too, lol.
    He got his fingers smacked for it LOL and told off in no uncertain terms! I do believe he is the type that would fuss over me but I HATE being fussed over. Ask me how I am and make me the occasional cup of coffee and I'm happy. Fuss and I start spitting venom LOL.

I think he's the kind who needs to be needed.

Maybe also I put him in his place where perhaps other women haven't. He did refer to an ex from 20 years ago as being "easy" yet he thought he could take a liberty with me. He found out quick that he was barking up a gumtree on that one LOL.

Like I said, I don't think I've heard the last of him but I'm not even going to bother replying to his latest e-mail. Let's see how long it is before he contacts me again.