+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What's the psychological aspect of exes coming back for sex?

What's the psychological aspect of exes coming back for sex?

I was seeing a guy for a month and a half. I wasn't ready for a relationship and he told me he wasn't either, so we were just seeing each other without commitment. He started to say he really liked me and talked about dating and even made comments about living together. I was very immature because I wasn't ready for all that so I just kept changing the subject. One week we saw each other more than usual and he made lots of comments about relationships and liking me- I just kept changing the subject again.

After that he told me he needed some space, was very confused about what he wanted and didn't talk to me for 2 weeks. I got in touch with him and asked him if he'd come to a decision because here I was foolishly waiting for him. I told him I was immature before, but that now I was going to tell him the truth: I really liked him but was just a little scared because of bad past relationships, I really wanted to keep getting to know him. He said he was still very confused and that it would be better to break it off if I needed and answer.

I said awesome, thanks for the honesty, now I can move on. One week later he gets in touch again and says he wants to see me. I naturally imagined that he'd been with other girls but if he wanted to see me again it meant he was clear about what he finally wanted. I imagined we were going to pick up where we left off, really getting to know each other and doing everything boyfriends and girlfriends do.

After having sex the whole night he informs me he's seeing someone else. I ask him why he didn't tell me that before and that he was irresponsible with my feelings. Obviously I was emotionally involved. He said there's no comparison to sex with me, but he kept acting all boyfriendish, I slept over we went out to a restaurant blah blah blah.

Anyway, I broke it off for good, but someone explain to me what's going on in his mind! It's not really advice I want, because I broke it off, I want to understand the psychological aspect of it due to curiosity!

It's a case of the little head thinking for the big head.....

In general women are looking for an emotional bond and relationship when they have sex. In general, men don't really care, unless it happens to be someone special. We're more content to get it, and move on to someone more interesting the next night, than a woman is.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    ......In general, men don't really care, unless it happens to be someone special. We're more content to get it, and move on to someone more interesting the next night, than a woman is.
    What a simplest mind, that is! Bless them. ha.
    “Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.” - Hermione Gingold-

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    it's a case of the little head thinking for the big head.....
    exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    In general women are looking for an emotional bond and relationship when they have sex. In general, men don't really care, unless it happens to be someone special. We're more content to get it, and move on to someone more interesting the next night, than a woman is.
    I agree with this. We consider this as an award achieved and can now move on to other "awards" too.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?