+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My ex keeps looking at me... Why? Help!

Livelaughlove17 Guest

My ex keeps looking at me... Why? Help!

My ex and I broke up about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It's because he is shipping out soon. The last thing he said was "you're a great girl and I had feelings, it's just best if I leave for the military single." when he talked about the breakup with my guy friend he seemed upset; like he didn't wanna do it, he just had to. We have not had any contact since the breakup. We werent together long but we got along really well, things really clicked between is. After we broke up he told his friends that I was great and beautiful and all this stuff but he thinks it's best to ship out single. He acts like I don't exist at school... Except I notice that when I walk by he turns around and looks at me, like goes out of his way. Why would he do this, especially because he ignores me?

He's probably trying to set some distance to make it an easier separation process.

I don't understand why he figured breaking up would be the best solution if you had such an awesome relationship. One of my friends got shipped to Kuwait a few years ago to fulfill his duties with the National Guard and he decided to marry his girlfriend. My friends who have served are all in relationships that went into a temporary long distance phase as a result of their career. Sounds like your BF just watched Jarhead too many times.

Livelaughlove17 Guest
    Yeah, I mean he will only get to be home 30 days a year for a few years. I just don't get why he keeps looking at me if he's trying to keep a distance to make things easier...