+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I too fussy?

nope not a gold digger, just want someone that can support themselves, isn't looking for a romp in the hay and isn't on the rebound.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by harleynight View Post
    Because I'm not supporting anyone, I've done it but not willing to do it again.
    What if he was really, really hot?

By the way, the good guys don't stay single for long. They just have too many offers. Don't let the "just out of a relationship" thing be a disqualifier.

nope, not interested, I'm looking for a relationship, not a romp in the hay and way too young for me.

but just out of a relationship means they're not emotionally stable, and don't want that.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    but just out of a relationship means they're not emotionally stable, and don't want that.
    Not true at all. It just means they're out of a relationship.

People break up constantly. The good ones are fought for and snapped up quickly.

not a chance I want to take, especially if the woman left and they are not over it. The guy I met, all he talked about was his ex, and then told me he loved me.....wow buddy....lol

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    not a chance I want to take, especially if the woman left and they are not over it. The guy I met, all he talked about was his ex, and then told me he loved me.....wow buddy....lol
    Then ditch him and move on. You act like every guy you date is your last opportunity ever.

I never said that, lots of men out there, just seem the ones I attract are that type. And I'm realising that I'm not being fussy, I just know what I want and don't want.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I never said that, lots of men out there, just seem the ones I attract are that type. And I'm realising that I'm not being fussy, I just know what I want and don't want.
    I notice a lot of men in our age range are extremely bitter, and as such, are not suitable candidates for a relationship. I think generally speaking, the men were divorced because their wives initiated it, and they can't seem to get over it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yes I think I would have to agree with you on that one.

You just have to be extremely patient. Have fun dating, but keep in mind, most men and women in that age group have baggage from previous relationships or marriages. Kids, debt, financial obligations, emotional attachments. Those who've never been married or lived with someone in a LTR are so set in their ways that it's hard to invade that perfect setup they have for themselves. They're a bit eccentric.

It's a great age group to have 'fun', but if you're looking for a serious relationship (that's good), it may be a while.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    Those who've never been married or lived with someone in a LTR are so set in their ways that it's hard to invade that perfect setup they have for themselves. They're a bit eccentric.
    I wonder about men and women who have never been married by 40. Issues must go beyond 'eccentric'. There are big lessons one learns from sharing a life with a partner. Selfishness from being used to getting ones way must be a real problem. Not too dissimilar to the problems we are seeing with only children vs. those who grew up with sibs. Imagine an only child bachelor + only child bachelorette? Yikes.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Imagine an only child bachelor + only child bachelorette? Yikes.
    This would be move in day, after 6 months of dating bliss in separate places:

Harley, reading your threads, I have to ask what you're bringing to the table. 40 is fine: single, divorced, widowed, seperated? No kids, kids that live at home, kids grown and off to college? Watcha got to offer babe?

I am divorced, I have 4 girls, but only 3 live at home. I am loyal, trustworthy, I work full time at a good job.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast