+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are we an item? Confused..

Are we an item? Confused..

Me and my boyfriend had been in a serious relationship for nearly two years when we moved in together. It was all hunky dory at the start but then he started going out most nights of the week, not spending a lot of time together and i couldn't trust him around other girls, so we broke up. Since then he's told me he's sorry for what happened and he felt tied down and was scared we were moving too fast.

We've been split up for a couple of months now but we've started meeting up a couple of times each week. We both act as if we are still an item, eg cuddling, kissing etc, and he's told me he misses me when i'm not there and he still loves me. However, we've spoke about getting back together and he's said he doesn't see the point in 'labelling' us as boy/girlfriend, because its got nothing to do with anyone else. This has confused me a little, because if i love someone i want to show the whole world i'm with them, yet he obviously doesn't think the same.

Do you think he's just stringing me along because he's lonely, Or do you think he genuinely still wants to be with me? Does anyone else think it's okay to be with someone but not label it? All advice appreciated
    Holding on to anger and hate is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

He is still afraid of commitment. Ask him if he considers your relationship to be exclusive, no matter the name.

Yes he is stringing you along because he's lonely. If he genuinely wanted to be with you, he would be, instead of feeding you ambiguous lines to keep you around.

I do think it's okay to be with someone and not label it, but you two had already put the label on it. I think you should tell him you're either bf/gf or he needs to stop contacting you altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Yes he is stringing you along because he's lonely. If he genuinely wanted to be with you, he would be, instead of feeding you ambiguous lines to keep you around.

I do think it's okay to be with someone and not label it, but you two had already put the label on it. I think you should tell him you're either bf/gf or he needs to stop contacting you altogether.
    I agree with this too. Why be will someone who isn't willing to commit?......it's a no brainer. What I see is he would rather have FWB or a GF with no furture expectations.