+ Follow This Topic

Thread: unique first dates?

unique first dates?

I get tired of the same old dinner and movie or meeting for coffee so what are some ideas for a first date?

I was thinking of bowling or miniature golf but what about a baseball game?

Outdoor picnic?

Museum?

ANyone have any past unique first date experiences?

I like hanging out on the beach or going on a nature walk.....who am I kidding? Anywhere I can pound a few beers and I'm happy lol. Nature walk and beer, perfect!

Ideally, there should be a lot of talking on the first date. The whole point is to get to know each other better, to see if there is chemistry and maybe some common interests. Just going to a move on a first date is a lousy idea, but everything else mentioned in the above posts could be okay. However, there is an interesting theory that physical exertion and/or a sense of danger can get the attraction off to a faster start. Like rock-climbing or riding a roller coaster.

The most unusual first date that I went on was at a punk rock show. She was curious about punk and I had some exposure to it in the past. So I took her to see the Misfits and the Dickies. We got roughed up some in the mosh pit and we laughed at the lyrics and antics of the Dickies. Then she got offended by a cover song played by the Misfits and stormed out. I chased after her, remembering that she left her purse in my car. Over the next two days, I did damage control, gradually getting her to realize that the old Ramones song ("The KKK Took My Baby Away") that the Misfits covered was not actually a racist song. Also, they probably played the song because Marky Ramone was playing drums for the Misfits on that tour. Anyway, it wasn't the best situation for conversation, but it was memorable and exciting. That was the start of a really long relationship.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Depends on how well you know them. If you commit to a full date, be prepared to think up excuses to bail early if you don't hit it off. Better to be conservative for the first date and make more extensive plans for next time. Or if it's a really good match, coffee can always be segued into something more.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

I took this girl to a museum where they had these dead asian people preserved and cut up. But before we went, I made sure to ask her if she was interested, she was. A local reporter took my picture but it didn't make it into the local paper. We ended up having 2 more dates, but she wasn't ready for anything more.

TL;DR: took girl on a first date to see a bunch of dead people.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)