+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He says he's not a liar, he just keeps things from me...

He says he's not a liar, he just keeps things from me...

My boyfriend and I have been together for 2 years. In the past he has lied to me about talking to other girls. He also broke many promises. He promised he'd stop talking to his ex multiple times. Each promise he broke. He's back to lying again about talking to someone. His excuse is "I'm not lying I'm just keeping things from you." I have tried to get him to understand that it hurts me. He doesn't realize that his lies are what caused me to lose my trust in him. How can I fix this? Some advice would be nice...I'm new to this

Leave him. You've tried to control him long enough and he's changed nothing except now he tries better to hide what he does from you because he knows you don't like it. .. yet he still does it. Whats that tell you?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    He's lieing by omission. Not cool. Remember: a lie is not in the words, or lack of words. It's in the intention of the deceiver.

To lie by omission is to remain silent and thereby withhold from someone else a vital piece (or pieces) of information. The silence is deceptive in that it gives a false impression to the person from whom the information was withheld. It subverts the truth; it is a way to manipulate someone into altering their behavior to suit the desire of the person who intentionally withheld the vital information; and, most importantly, it's a gross violation of another person's right of self-determination.
    Last edited by IndiReloaded; 19-04-12 at 12:06 PM.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

@Wakeup & @IndiReloaded

Thanks for the advice. I'm so glad that I was heard and that you responded. I guess I have to face the fact that I need to decide whether or not this relationship is worth it

Run now!!! I know it sounds easy but, trust me if you stay you'll be hurting more in the long run. Cut things off while its been only 2yrs vs 10yrs and him causing you heart break for most of them.
    Our goal is to give you back the confidence of having the upper hand and having the upper hand is NEVER a bad thing.....
    Visit our Website www.spellbindingsisters.com

When you try to, or have to, forbid someone to do something in a relationship, you're doomed.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    When you try to, or have to, forbid someone to do something in a relationship, you're doomed.
    Personally, I keep a rolled up newspaper w/me at all times. :-D
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by LilyHeavenly View Post
    I have tried to get him to understand that it hurts me. He doesn't realize that his lies are what caused me to lose my trust in him. How can I fix this? Some advice would be nice...I'm new to this
    No, he gets it... he just doesn't care that it hurts you. As long as you keep forgiving him and letting him get away with it, he's going to keep doing it.

And what Wakeup said is true - you need to quit trying to control him and accept that he's going to keep doing it. If you can't handle him doing it, then you need to walk away. That's it in a nutshell.