+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Communication?

Communication?

So I met a guy on a dating site. I was immediately intrigued when he messaged me so I responded and we started a great conversation. He gave me his number to make talking easier. We started talking and I told him I was going out of town that weekend. We talked more and he mentioned that since I was going to be out of town and he was going to be out of town the next weekend he asked if I wanted to meet a couple of days before he leaves. I said yes. We talked all while I was out of town (whenever I had the chance) and he asked if I got back into town early if I wanted to meet him for dinner. So we did and had an amazing time. Great conversation, he held my hand as we walked around after dinner, and we eventually kissed which was amazing. We kept the original date and instead made it the second date. We were exhausted from work so we kept it short but once again had great conversation and a good time relaxing and walking around.

He mentioned that he'd probably text me and that I could text him too if I wanted. He wouldn't know his schedule for next week until closer to the end of the week. This was Monday. I texted him the next day and we talked for a bit. He was leaving for out of town on Thursday. I figured I shouldn't text him too much and to wait for him to text me. But he hasn't yet. I'm not terribly worried, or trying not to be at least. He disabled or deleted his profile on the website.

But just out of curiosity, should I be worried? I really don't want to be. I guess I'm just looking for reassurance. It's only been a week though. Advice?

Worried about what? You met, had a couple of nice dates and he went out of town. Wait for him to get back in touch with you, I'm sure he will.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Is it true if a guy is interested he will make the effort just to even send a quick hello, no matter how busy he is?

Quote Originally Posted by detroitrockcity View Post
    He disabled or deleted his profile on the website.
    This should tell you he is interested. He deleted his profile because he is confident that this thing with you is going somewhere. I have a sneaking suspicion that he is waiting to see if you will do the same...I bet as soon as you do he will know how you really feel :-) Best of luck. He sounds like a real catch.
    Last edited by smackie9; 21-04-12 at 10:44 AM.

So I guess my real question is: Would it be bad if I were to text him just to wish him a fun trip since he hasn't texted me in three days?

Is this really the case? My

friend and I can't believe it!!!!!

I take it as a no?

Try to relax, men will contact you if they like you, which appears to be the case. He's probably busy and taking it slow, appreciate that.

Is it true if a guy is interested he will make the effort just to even send a quick hello, no matter how busy he is?

As they say in German, jein ;-) this means yes and no. An interested guy will take some action. Make some contact. Whether he continues to do so, IMHO, depends on how you react, i.e. if you are responsive. One woman I had a relationship with, would reply with "thanks for your message, it made me very happy". This was great and made me want to get closer to her.

OTOH, some men believe/are told they should not be too pushy or too obvious, so an interested man may be a bit withdrawn on purpose...

So I guess my real question is: Would it be bad if I were to text him just to wish him a fun trip since he hasn't texted me in three days?
    I think it wouldn't be bad.

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate your input. I'm just gonna wait it out and keep myself busy as hell and not too hopeful. It is all sound advice for a girl who is obviously being way too insecure and off her rocker :-P

I would send him a quick hello just to see if he responds. Then, you can gauge the response to see if he is still interested.

Jaime
    I found the love of my life after gaining confidence and discovering how to become a guy magnet here: www.TheDatingAdvisor.net

Well, I texted him yesterday and got no response. Dating sucks, but it is what it is. Now back to eating my cupcake and watching Dr. 90210 :-P

Quote Originally Posted by haxan View Post
    Try to relax, men will contact you if they like you, which appears to be the case. He's probably busy and taking it slow, appreciate that.
    Well, you wasted that advice. He'll probably get back in touch with you, but you're not leaving much mystery or doubt.