+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What a dum dum I am

What a dum dum I am

Just back from hanging out with friends. Had a really good time and played cards for 6 hrs straight. At one point, I almost fell asleep over the cards. "John" , my childhood friend was there. Known him since I was 11. He recently got married.

About a year ago, "John" made a pass at me. At the time, I didn't pick up on it. Hinting is bad, because the person could totally miss the hint. I only realised it later but didn't pursue it because a friendship like that seemed too good to mess with.

One year on in the midst of the game, I am plagued with thoughts of having missed the opportunity. Either I was really tired at the time, or it was too much coffee and sugar, and blame it on crap cards.....but hell, sitting across the table from him, I remembered a line Laguna said in a post. Something about "stop thinking...and just go ahead....".

But 'tis too late, too late. Oh what sorrow. So people, I have come to the conclusion that we ought to Carpe Diem - seize the day. Or forever hold our peace.

*sigh* random thoughts amidst a splitting headache.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wait...are you a dude? And is John a dude?

no chlorine is a speedo wearing girl. yeah girl, it's all about timing...

Frasbee---Heh...girls play cards too you know.

Misombra-----Timing, yeah tell me about it. It's that split second when opportunity presents itself, and you either seize it or leave it.
    Plus guys and girls don't seem to communicate in the same way, and I am lousy at picking up on hints.