+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I heal this broken heart?

How do I heal this broken heart?

This is a long story, but please read! So I was in a long distance rationship, and towards the end of it, me and him started growing apart. I found out this other guy, we'll call him David, liked me. And I liked himback. So he convinced me to break up with my long-distance boyfriend to go out with him. So I did, thinking I was gonna get things started with David right away. But thats not exactly how things went. Me and David were involved for about 4 months, and throughout those 4 months he strung me along, asked out other girls, treated me like shit, never acknowledged me in public, played me, and basically took advantage of me. He told me he loved me but never showed it. Then I met this other guy, we'll call him Adrien. Me and Adrien really hit it off, so I told David I was ending things between us because I was tired of all the bullshit he put me through. Me and adrien are currently talking and things are going great. At the beginning of our relationship, I wanted nothing to do with David. I hated him for putting me through this and making me believe he loved me and all that drama. But now I've been thinking about him more and I've been really depressed. I think I stil love him. And I feel bad about having these feelings even though I'm with Adrien now. What do I do?! How do I get over someone whom I love so much but was hurt so bad by?

It sounds like you want what you cannot have and that is why you think you love david. David never loved you and you need to let it go. This might be hard to hear, but when the action of love isn't there from both sides and you don't recognize it, usually it comes from a deeper issue within yourself.

Jaime
    I found the love of my life after gaining confidence and discovering how to become a guy magnet here: www.TheDatingAdvisor.net