+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am i better off on my own but should i contact my ex!!!???

Am i better off on my own but should i contact my ex!!!???

Been split up 3 months as previously posted of a very one sided 3 year long distance relationship! i used to see her most weekends & we'd have holidays away . Cut to the chase! prob in the last year she called me once in the week , if i didn't text her or call her i wouldn't hear off her! go to kiss her , always turn her head! when out & she had a drink , flirt bigtime with anyone! i'd pay for nearly everything! sex life , some weekends , nothing! not in the mood! don't feel like it! i'd book up theatre weekends , trips away , get into bed at the hotel , roll over with just goodnight! she did put she was in a relationship with me on facebook towards the end of the 3 years but if i ever commented on a status she'd either delete it or ignore me! plus she put loads of raunchy pics up virtually topless with loads of raunchy comments with no thought to how i felt about it! & the mood swings were unbearable!I couldn't take anymore , the last weekend i was there , i told her how i felt & suggested not seing her for a month , she burst out crying saying i was the best thing thats happened to her & questioning herself to why she was pushing me away! then texts me a few days later to finish it , i just txted back wishing her all the best & to take care , i haven't contacted her since as i have tried to claw some self respect back! should i contact her now? & also she was straight into another guy!

Don't contact her. Don't pay attention to her life. She was probably banging this other guy long before she finished with you. Why would you invest so much for so little in return, for so long?? That's just crazy. Be glad you got out.

have a house in- Sweden and on Sardegna, and a appartment in Paris
    Yeah I'm thinking like "BackUpOrGetStng"... really you don't need a girl like that, and if she doesn't feel the same way about you now..
    And I understand that this next advise sucks and that you hear it ALL the time but just let her go, no I changed my mind, throw her away, like really smashing your image of her right infront of a train.. or something ( i'm a freaking evil human, but it does work) and another thing, this " burst out crying saying i was the best thing thats happened to her & questioning herself to why she was pushing me away" thats a lie, that's words of a girl player, since she jumped right over to another guy you can clearly tell that she was just playing with you.. thats why she " kept you" for so long. Thats not nice said, srry, but do you think that I'm somewhere close to the true?

That wasn't necessarily a lie, she sounds very insecure and emotionally unstable. It's quite likely she rationally realizes that he was a good guy, but she wasn't stable enough to embrace him instead of pushing him away. It also sounds like the relationship has been over for ages, she clearly wasn't into him by the way she treated him, but might have been too insecure and weak to break up with him. She finally did in the end, which is a good thing.

That being said, I agree: OP, keep the no contact going. Do NOT contact her, because it would be entirely pointless. Move on and find a more emotionally balanced partner :-).

Searock, it's quite likely she is just a dumb bitch.

You are the only one that is rationalizing.

Haha, that might be true as well ;-).