+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you let go???

How do you let go???

Ok im a female but i just want to know how other girls deal with a break up??? I haven't broken up with my boy friend nor has he "officially" broken up with me, he's just confused about what he wants and now he seems to be doubting his love :'( Both he and I are kind of moving down the "just friends for now" path, but i cant do that no matter how hard i try. I love him to death and its hard to hide my feelings for him. I cant seem to forget him and though the idea of completely removing him out of my life has occurred to me i just cant do it. I need him in my life

What would you girls do if u were in my position???

I find it harder when they remain in my life; for me if I have strong feelings for someone then I either need to be with them or not have them in my life at all, being just friends is not an option. It's the only way I can forget about them. I completely understand what you mean about not being able to completely remove him from your life but that is what I would do because otherwise your feelings will always be there and that's ok if you're together but not if you're just friends. Think about how you would feel when the time comes that he tells you he is seeing someone else. That's not something I could deal with so I cut them out of my life. It's very hard to do though!

I know I'm not brave enough to cut him out of my life, the thing is though not only was he my best friend but also my lover so i feel as if the option of cutting him out of my life will make me lose both which i dont want

:'( relationships suck

WHen he says he is confused about what he wants.. Did that happen all of a sudden?. Did his behaviour change with you?. Did he use to be loving and caring and now he is not?.Is he cold all of a sudden?. Does any of these things apply then maybe he met someone else but he is doesn't want to tell you. Or have these changes happened gradually?. Do you have problems that you had a long time?. How is communication between the two of you?. If he is telling what the problem is for instance yhoua re too needy or whatever then you can do something about it but if he only tells you he is confused but doesnt explain why then there might be that he is interested in someone else or he changed what he wants in life. I would try to figure out the reason and if you ask him is he telling you the real reason or giving you excuses?.

With one of my ex's, we'd a really good relationship, then one day he ended it very suddenly. He did the whole "let's be friends" thing, which I tried. In the hope that things would sort themselves out with time, and we'd be back together. I believed what we had was worth trying to fight for, and hold onto. But I wasn't happy. After a few months I decided that I couldn't do it any more, and I cut him out of my life. It wasn't easy. There were times all I wanted to do was pick up the phone, or see him. But I didn't... and I was finally able to start moving on with my life. I'll be honest, the whole thing hurt, but it needed to be done. Years later and I still dunno what happened to make him change so suddenly but c'est la vie. Seeing what he was like after we were over, maybe I had a lucky escape.

I'll admit I'm still friends with anothe ex, but that's the exception to the rule. But it was never a guess of I needed him to stay in my life, in fact for a while after we split up, he made much more of an effort to stay friends than I did.

I had a policy. I told them if they wanted to end it, there were no second chances...if it was to be over, it was over. If it ended, it was no contact, no being friends. Then I went off partying with my GFs and kept busy.