+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do other guys "try" you.

Why do other guys "try" you.

I'm a dude who doesn't understand why guys "try" you. I have had guys do this and then some other guy say's , "Ohhhh, he's trying you man!" I think I'm supposed to come up with some clever come back and put the guy who is trying me in his place thus successfully fending off the attempt at assaulting me. I don't care about the specific try but I do care about the results. People don't know I don't care, they think I'm unwilling to defend myself. I need to play the game because even though I don't care about the try I do care what the perception of me is when I don't defend against it.

I want to know why other guys try you and understand why such a thing is relevant to most people. At least the people I know see it as legitimate.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't understand what you mean by them "trying" you. Are they testing you (more geared towards a male), or are they trying you out in bed, but not sticking around?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I don't know if it's relevant to most people, maybe younger ones. You kind of spelled it out in a very generic manner, it probably depends on the situation as to why someone is 'trying' you.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

I also did not understand you tried to what that means.

You sound like my younger brother. Are you bigger than other guys? Have you had fighting experience to a point where guys would find taking you down an achievement?
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

I couldn't agree

any more.thumbs down

Have no idea what "trying" means. Are other guys trying to provoke a real fight with you? Or just kidding with you?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I'll rephrase the question. Sorry I shouldn't use slang. " Why do people try to test your boundaries?"

You are very honest, I like. But I also don't understand what you said to what that means.

It blows my mind.

Yes, I quite agree to your point of view.

Okay an example: A Mother tells her child not to eat cookies before he's finished his food. If the kid goes and grabs the cookies in front her face he is 'trying' his Mom. Seeing if she is going to confront him or not.Seeing if you can get away with doing something you know the person doesn't like (or things most people in general don't like.)

Thanks for your post.

That's how they get cred.