+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Really need some help!! Dating a shy girl.

Really need some help!! Dating a shy girl.

Ok, so I've really been into the girl since the start of the College year and have just started dating her. She is extremely shy and most people find it hard to get her to open up, though are last two dates have gone pretty well and I'm seeing her again soon. She is very diffrent when speaking via text; she is really funny and quite cheeky. However, it is very hard t speak with her in person as she just remain quite most of the time. Why is this?

Any advice on where I should go with this? I know she is shy but I'm willing to work with that because I like her a lot.

She is different when texting because she doesn't have to actually face you. I'm convinced texting and facebook has pretty much destroyed our generations social skills. You are probably seeing more of the real her when she is texting you, but she is either nervous, or just socially awkward in person and it makes her a bit slower to open up.

Best trick to cracking a shy girl out of her shell is just making her comfortable with you. You need to take the reigns of the conversation most of the time, at least until you can make her comfortable enough to start chatting away. You don't need to talk her ear off or anything, but enough to make her feel you're comfortable, and she will begin to open up. Talk about anything that comes to mind, no matter how trivial you think it is. Another good way is to find that one topic that she just loves. Maybe music, or some kind of hobby that she is really into. If you express enough interest in it, or turn the conversation that way, she is much more likely to talk you to death about it. And in turn, becomes more comfortable with you, talks to you more etc.