+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i express my feelings to her?

Should i express my feelings to her?

So i have strong feelings for this girl i work with. She has been engaged though,for five years and has had some recent troubles with her fiance. she says she's not even sure if they are gonna be together much longer, because they have been fighting alot and he has shown no interest in setting a date for the wedding, and that after five years of being engaged he still hasn't grown up yet.

She's really awesome and we get along very well. We take lunch breaks together and talk about our lives and other stuff. I haven't told her my feelings but have dropped hints, such as "he should feel lucky to be with an awesome girl like you" and other stuff like that.

One time a date actually stood me up and the next day when she asked about it , I told her and she said "aww well if you asked me I would have said yes".

She also gave me her number and is always telling me to text her when we aren't working.

I know she's engaged so she's off limits but she doesn't seem happy with this guy. She has a kid with him, and he proposed when she was pregnant and she is starting to think the only reason he did propose is because he got her pregnant

Should I discuss my feelings with her? or just leave it alone?

Honestly, I think you need to find someone that is available and not in such a complicated situation. Pining over someone who's not available can really be hard on you, trust me, I've been there many times before. You just end up with all these pent up feelings that you can't express to this person and it sucks.

Plus, if you do tell her your feelings and she doesn't feel the same way things are going to be really awkward and your friendship will never be the same. And the awkwardness will only be amplified by the fact that you work together.

Then there's the fact that her and her fiance have a kid together. It's one thing to break up a relationship, but now you're trying to break up a family. I understand that she's unhappy and it's quite possible that she should leave him, but you don't know that for sure. You're only getting one side of the story.

Do you're self a favor and move on.

i told her i was going on a date one and i asked if it bothered her and she said eh not really

Quote Originally Posted by frank petty View Post
    i told her i was going on a date one and i asked if it bothered her and she said eh not really
    Good. Go on the date and have fun. Go on lots of dates. Try and forget about this girl. You don't have to stop being friends with her, just accept that it's not going to happen an move on to other opportunities.

I want to, I've slowly like these, happy to join

you.