+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missed a Perfect Opportunity to talk to her

Missed a Perfect Opportunity to talk to her

There is this girl I have been crazy about since freshman year of high-school. Now it's the end of junior year, and I have said literally 15 words to her in all those years. So we have a junior senior prom, so I walked up to her and she smiled, then I asked her if she was already going with anybody (very nervous with a quiver in my voice), and she said sorry, I am. So I said OK well that alright. Ever since them things have been kinda awkward. She just stares straight ahead or at the ground when she walks by me. Prom is over, and It's now been 6 weeks since I asked her and I haven't said a word to her since then. Well the other day she was sitting alone working on something for school, I could have walked over there and sat down by her, but I didn't. I got really nervous and started shivering like I was cold. I'm still nervous about the fact that I haven't said a word to her since I asked her to prom. Should I bring it up when I finally talk to her again, or just forget it and act like it never happened? I have only had a half year class with her and that was last year. What would I talk about?

Thanks

Her ignoring you is her way of letting you know that she is not interested in you. Relax and forget about it, there will be other girls to chase next school year.

Tip: if you want a girl to be interested in you, you better work on your confidence.

^ Yup what they said. Also, hate to break it to you, but, she probably doesn't even know you exist all that much. Unless you are making a presence for yourself with her, talking, initiating, so she remembers you, it's highly unlikely she even knows how much you feel for her unless you tell her. Since this is high school you should just ask her if she wants to hang out sometime, see a movie, go for a coffee, etc. Make small talk, about any subject, and see if the convo goes anywhere.

She is probably taken. You could either leave her, or talk to her and just be friends. If the relationship with her boyfriend is not strong enough, maybe it will fade and a new relationship will start developing.

I will say I know for a fact that she is single. Also any tips on forgetting her even though I really don't want to? I mean how weird would it be for me to just go sit down by her when she's by herself somewhere and start talking to her? Asking her how she is doing etc... Even after how awkward it's been after asking her if she was already going to prom with anybody, then having not said anything for 6 weeks. Or just forget about it, but then that's the part driving me crazy not knowing what could happen.

I also forgot to say that then after I asked her apparently she told all her friends and at-least 1 of my friends knew about it cause he asked me about what happened.

Thanks again.

No man......she's not interested.....just drop it and ask another girl.
    You want to force her to like you.....not going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    No man......she's not interested.....just drop it and ask another girl.
    You want to force her to like you.....not going to happen
    Ok so just one last thing. How would I know for sure she's not interested. I mean it's not like she said NO to me. She was already going with someone and said sorry, i already have someone i am going with. Prom was over a week ago, But she probably would have at-least tried to make contact if she was interested in me in the least little bit, wouldn't she have? Not just staring at the ground or straight ahead when she walks by me. Right???

I just told you in my post......by her actions. She couldn't look you in the eye after. That is how girls send out the "I'm not interested" signal. Girls don't like confrontation, so they ignore you in hopes you get the hint. It is very rare for a girl to just come out and tell you they are not interested. Sometimes they will lie and not return your calls etc. So don't make a fool of yourself by bothering her about it again. Reality check: you will be rejected many times it's just part of life.

Oh and another thing if she really liked you she would spread it around school so you could find out. I remember how it worked....that is the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I just told you in my post......by her actions. She couldn't look you in the eye after. That is how girls send out the "I'm not interested" signal.

Girls don't like confrontation, so they ignore you in hopes you get the hint. So don't make a fool of yourself by bothering her about it again.
    Ok so basically what your saying is that she would of at-least made eye contact with me after wards and not try and avoid it for 6 weeks straight.

Also you say "So don't make a fool of yourself by bothering her again about it". I haven't even said a word to her after I asked her to prom and then she told me that she sorry, she was already going with someone. So i said ok that's alright. That happened 6 weeks ago.
    Just making that clear that I haven't bothered her at all after that. BUT what your saying is that she still would have at-least made eye contact if she was at all interested at all.

Thanks for being so patient with me.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey235 View Post
    Ok so basically what your saying is that she would of at-least made eye contact with me after wards and not try and avoid it for 6 weeks straight.

Also you say "So don't make a fool of yourself by bothering her again about it". I haven't even said a word to her after I asked her to prom and then she told me that she sorry, she was already going with someone. So i said ok that's alright. That happened 6 weeks ago.
    Just making that clear that I haven't bothered her at all after that. BUT what your saying is that she still would have at-least made eye contact if she was at all interested at all.

Thanks for being so patient with me.
    Yes....you are correct. If she liked you she would have made some kind of eye contact.

You move on At this point Bro....

So you've been "in love" with a girl you don't even know for all these years? It's time to move on and find a *real* girl to actually fall in love with.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    Yes....you are correct. If she liked you she would have made some kind of eye contact.

You move on At this point Bro....

Ok thanks, this really helped a a lot. I feel ready to just try and forget about her now. Just have to ask though. I'm pretty sure I already know what the answer is going to be. So I guess I should just forget about asking her to prom again next year?

You want to brave and she said

Hopefully by next year you will be interested in someone that actually likes you.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey235 View Post
    Ok thanks, this really helped a a lot. I feel ready to just try and forget about her now. Just have to ask though. I'm pretty sure I already know what the answer is going to be. So I guess I should just forget about asking her to prom again next year?
    I don't like when people give up so easily so i'm going to be different here...So you asked and she ignored you..not good but not the end of the world either. Here are some of the things you should try first. 1) Work on your appearance and dress well(if that might be an issue). 2) Work on your confidence(that already seems like an issue)

When you get those 2 perfected go and talk to her and just start with small talk. If every guy just gave up after asking once or twice not many would have g/fs.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast