View Poll Results: What should I do in this situation?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tell Jane that I like her, but not say anything to Jim

0 0%
  • Tell Jim that Jane likes him, but not say anything to Jane

0 0%
  • Tell Jane that I like her and tell Jim that Jane likes him

0 0%
  • Not say anything to either of them

2 100.00%
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do if the girl I like likes another guy (my friend)?

What should I do if the girl I like likes another guy (my friend)?

So, everyone in this situation is in high school, and has had their share of serious and non-serious relationships. I only became close to this girl (let's call her Jane) within the past month, but she has known the other guy (let's call him Jim) for a couple years now. Jim is a friend of mine, but I wouldn't call us close friends. I really like Jane, and I thought she was really into me, too. We have a very physical relationship to the point that people that don't know us that well (and even some people that do, like Jim) think that we're in a serious relationship. We got to the point where we could be on the phone for hours on end and talk about anything. The problem is that one night when we were talking, she told me about how much she liked Jim, even though Jim flirts with a lot of different girls. I knew that they were good friends, but I thought they were just friends and nothing more. The problem is that Jim is not looking for a relationship, as he goes away for the summers and doesn't want to start anything that he would have to be away from for two and a half months. I honestly have no idea what to do anymore. Any assistance would be appreciated.

tl;dr - I really like a girl, but she likes my friend. She doesn't know I like her. He doesn't know she likes him. What should I do?

Tell her you like her and see if she likes you back. I don't think she does though: it seems like she considers you her brother-like best friend, rather than her hot best friend. But it's worth a shot, and that way you won't be left wondering what could have happened if you had told her.

She isn't into you if she is telling you that she is scoping out your buddy am I right? What girl would do that if she liked you...why would she spoil her chances with you? You are totally friend zoned btw. She likes your buddy because he is untouchable and confident with girls with his flirting and all, which makes him more desirable and a challenge, you on the other hand make yourself too available and in a girl's eyes you look like a pushover, needy, unattractive and has no challenge. Get it? Who said girl's are practical in their thinking? They are not...they go for the impossible, the jerk, the bad boy.