+ Follow This Topic

Thread: slightly confused

slightly confused

Asked a guy out that I've known for a long time, who originally asked me out a long long time ago, but I turned him down for different reasons.
    Then recently seeing the way he has changed I really began to like him. Unfortunately when I spoke to him I think I really scared the hell out of him by something I told him and appeared very vulnerable. I emailed him to appologise for unloading on him as I really did feel like I threw something I was
    going through at him and as a friend I really didn't want him to worry and explained that I would be okay and not to worry that I knew I had things
    to sort out etc. and told him not to email back as I knew what he would say and consider it said.

But he did email back and it was really sweet message but I just feel confused that he would sign it off as, 'yours' and his name. Which maybe I'm over reading into as I'm still emotional attached more than I thought I originally was. but I am confused that he would turn me down and then sign an
    email that way. Maybe 'yours' is no big thing from a guy??

Yes, the way a guy signs his messages doesn't mean much, especially since it is in direct contradiction to his email message. I usually don't sign my messages at all and just put my name at the end because I've said everything I want to say already. Plus, guys do not write words with double meanings in them just to jerk you around. At least I know I don't.

'Yours' is a fairly standard english closing formula. But it could mean more. Maybe he is vulnerable.

But now I am confused. And I think you're not asking the right question. So...

What did you tell him that got him so scared? (Did you ask him out or anything like that?)
    What did you email him? (Did you say you didn't mean to ask him out?)
    What did he email back to you? (Could you interpret it as a closed door - "let's be friends" kind of line?)

If you didn't clearly communicate to him that you like him, and he didn't clearly communicate to you that he wants to be friends only, then you should take charge and talk to him and ask him out. You've got nothing to be scared about. But for crying out load do not expect him to make the next move just because you batted your pretty eyelids.

Come on girl, make a move. You'll thank me for it later. (And so should he!)

I have a freind-girl that calls me "love". It doesn't mean anything, I asked, it's just the way she talks.

I did tell him how much I like him and really told him too much, but I suppose I was also trying to make up for turning him down long ago.

But I think you're right that it's just simply a way to end an email and I was probably just reading too much into it and getting my hopes up slightly and should let it go and just remain friends as he suggested, which will be hard to do for a while. Thanks for the advice.

It blows my mind