+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dont Know Where Things Went Wrong

Dont Know Where Things Went Wrong

New here but could use all the help I can get.

So back in the first week of February this woman who was a friend of a friend came to me and said she has been waiting to tell me for so long how she was in love with me. The feelings werent mutual but I figured I'd give it a chance. That night I walked her to her door and completely won her over. For the next month and a half we would hang out and she would continually tell me how shes wanted this for so long, she wants to marry and that I am her future husband. She says she wants to have my children. She wants me to skip Easter with my family and go to Florida with her. This was all when she thought that I didn't like her. Then when I start to show that I care, she says she doesn't know what to do that shes wanted this for so long and is stuck in a standstill. That was the last week in March.

The end of April we start talking again and things seem to be getting better. We hang out on Cinco De Mayo and everything seemed great. So this week I brought up the possibility of maybe giving this another shot and she says that she doesnt have feelings for me anymore and that we just didnt hit it off and time has passed.

I find it hard to believe that such strong feelings can go away so quick but maybe I'm just being naive. I would like for her to take the same chance on me that I took on her. What do I do?

Thanks for the help.

if it helps im 24, shes 22

She is too young for marriage and kids. Not physically or legally, but mentally. She is in love with the idea of marriage and in too much of a hurry to get married. Both of you would be better off dating a variety of people before getting serious with anybody. The whole point of dating is to discover if there is compatibility before getting too serious. There may have been sparks at first, but now that her infatuation has worn off, she doesn't see enough compatibility between the two of you. Don't be sad about it, just move on and meet other women.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

She was a friend of a friend, which means you two weren't close when she "fell in love" with you. How could someone possibly fall in love with someone they don't know well? It's impossible. Hers was just a crush, she was in love with the idea of being in love.

Hi Lakers78,

Thanks for sharing your love situation. "SHE WAS IN LOVE WITH ME" LOVE is such a big word that we often assume we understand what it means by other person. We usually don't question the meaning of the word LOVE that used by the other person, and we use our meaning for the word LOVE to intepret the other person word. This is where it gets messy and misunderstanding. a smaller words that made up of the word LOVE would be: sacrifice, respect, empathize, forgive, honesty, celebrate, appreciate, sexual desire, etc. The reason these smaller words are components of the word LOVE is because love requires all these smaller words. For example, love has to have honest. Without honesty, you can't love a person. Love has to have respect. If two persons don't respect each other, they can't love each other. If partners don't appreciate each other present, they can't say they love each other. Since love is a big word and compose of many smaller word - components, it's very hard for many people to get an accurate sense of the meaning of LOVE. Hence, creating many wrong definition of the word LOVE. This wrong definition lead to miscommunication when we use the word LOVE with each other. That's very sad to say.

Using these smaller words would describe a situation more accurately. In your situation, the key issue, I suspect, is not understanding each other intention at the deep level.

What should you do in this situation? It reallys depends on your desire, your dream, your purpose in life. How you reallly want to live in this life!!

I'm currently offering free coaching sessions for all loveforum.net members.

Please contact me through yahoo messenger and skype (my nick is quocvinh727) and we work it from there.

Again, thanks for sharing your concern and hope to chat with you soon,

Quote Originally Posted by lakers78 View Post
    New here but could use all the help I can get.

So back in the first week of February this woman who was a friend of a friend came to me and said she has been waiting to tell me for so long how she was in love with me. The feelings werent mutual but I figured I'd give it a chance. That night I walked her to her door and completely won her over. For the next month and a half we would hang out and she would continually tell me how shes wanted this for so long, she wants to marry and that I am her future husband. She says she wants to have my children. She wants me to skip Easter with my family and go to Florida with her. This was all when she thought that I didn't like her. Then when I start to show that I care, she says she doesn't know what to do that shes wanted this for so long and is stuck in a standstill. That was the last week in March.

The end of April we start talking again and things seem to be getting better. We hang out on Cinco De Mayo and everything seemed great. So this week I brought up the possibility of maybe giving this another shot and she says that she doesnt have feelings for me anymore and that we just didnt hit it off and time has passed.

I find it hard to believe that such strong feelings can go away so quick but maybe I'm just being naive. I would like for her to take the same chance on me that I took on her. What do I do?

Thanks for the help.
    Michael Vuong

http://michaellifecoaching.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    She was a friend of a friend, which means you two weren't close when she "fell in love" with you. How could someone possibly fall in love with someone they don't know well? It's impossible. Hers was just a crush, she was in love with the idea of being in love.
    I hear what your saying. What I meant by friend of a friend was that we hung out in groups of people but never talked outside of that.

btw thanks for your help guys

many thanks