+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stubborn Italian

Stubborn Italian

So my long distance boyfriend got upset after he offered to travel here to help me move (from N. Carolina to MIchigan). I told him that I appreciate it but I want to wait a few more visits until he meets my daughter (which he would have to if he helped me move). He initially said he understood but then last weekend called me up acting moody and said he had to go. He gave me the silent treatment for a few days and finally sent a text saying that he was upset that I wouldn't let him help me, that he offered to come here for a month but I brushed him off (thought he was joking!), that He didn't even offer to help his brother move last year, etc.... he forwarded me to voice mail the two times I tried to call him this past week. Finally the other day I sent him a text saying my favorite lamp is broken and would he come here to fix it that I miss him and want him. He replied 8 hours later with "yes- I will and want to fix it. I can do that. I would be there right now if you wouldn't have brushed me off when I offered to visit you."

I replied yesterday with a text saying "I am happy to hear that. I hope you have fun at the race." and he hasn't sent a response or anything since. That was two days ago when he last sent that text. He was texting non-stop and got into this mood last weekend.

Do you think there is another girl and this is an excuse? Or is he trying to get over me? I don't know what to do or how to handle this. I have to be cautious with my daughter. I told him I want to make sure he doesn't change his mind about me before I introduce them.

Maybe he is and doesn't want to make it obvious by saying he will come to fix my lamp??

Please help guys!

Neither one of you communicates well, both of you have unreasonable expectations, and both of you make unwarranted assumptions.

Try asking.

I'm not sure what his ethnic background has to do with it.

Thanks for your post.

Why thank me for the post???? I was joking about him being Italian- it is what HE always says! Just don't understand if he is pouting or giving up. I did get a simple text from him today, "Happy mothers day." at 5:45 am. He has always wished me happy holidays though for a year and a half....