+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New years eve

New years eve

Hi everyone!My name is Yannick,i'm 23 years old and i have a problem
    When i was celebrating new years eve i saw one woman who made my heart race,you probably know the feeling but i just couldn't find the courage to go up and talk to her.I was so mad at myself
    A couple of days later i was pictures on facebook from that party and saw one picture with her on it.
    So i sent her a message and got a reply pretty fast,she thought it was weird in the beginning and getting responses from her sometimes took a couple of days but after a while we were chatting hours in a row.
    2 months later i asked her if she wanted to have a drink or someting a couple of times but every time she beat around the bush,she never said no but never yes either.But the last time i asked her she said it was weird to see eachother like that for the first time and thougt it would be better to see eachother at some party first,which i understood ofcourse because she never saw me in person before.

So last night i went to a birthday party and she was there too
    But for some reason even though i've talked so much to her on facebook i couldn't go to her and talk and the longer i waited the harder it got to still do so.
    Untill it was like 4 am and i thought to myself : you are never going to forgive yourself,so i walked up to her and said hi,at first she had a questioning look her face then stuttered my name and said the she would have never recognized me if i hadn't said hi to her (i saw her looking at me allot of times that night or maybe it was just my imagination ),we talked for like 10 minutes and then her drive home arrived.

Now i'm wondering if i can do someting about having so much problems with talking to her and if i should try asking her out again now that she's seen me in person even though it was only 10 minutes.

Thanks in advance!

Well she finally got to see you in person as planned, so why would it be so hard to ask her out again?

As for talking to her, your problem is that you put women up on a pedestal, making them seem untouchable, so stop it....

Thanks for your post

I guess i'm afraid that she will find another excuse to not go out with me when i ask her again but if i have to wait untill i see her again at a party i'm probably going to have to wait for months again and i don't want that.If i had talked to her more than 10 minutes i probably had a better chance getting a yes as an answer and she probably thinks it's weird that i waited to whole night to go up and talk to her.
    You're right,i'm always so nervous when i see a girl that i like,saturday my heart was racing and i was so nervous the whole evening even when i wasn't talking to her.
    Last edited by Yannick1; 15-05-12 at 07:13 AM.

Nervousness comes off as weak and creepy. Not a good first or second impression. Unfortunately there is way around it, but confidence is what attracts women. Some guys tell me they take a couple of shots or a few beers (liquid courage) before the approach....try that and see if it makes things easier.

Once it used to happen a lot to me, i was so shy and affraid to talk to a woman it was terrible, but, ask yourself, if you don't talk to her you have a 100% chance of not meeting her and not knowing the true person she is, just build your confidence little by little and just be you, don't pretend to be someone you are not or else you'll fail miserably, if she doesn't like who you are then she's not worth it, or would you mate someone living a lie?

Always have this in mind, women are as horny as men and they like guys as much as we like girls. Just "GO!" (and god save you from getting cockblocked-i'm joking).

It's true that alcohol helps but last saturday i couldn't drink because i promised my friends that i would drive and i know she doesn't like guys who drink much.She once also told me she always chooses the bad guys with bad personalities and let's the good guys go because at first the bad guys seem more interesting because they can talk better to women and because they come up and talk to them like it's nothing.She also thinks it's wrong to go from one person to another just like that and if you try to be together with someone it should be for 100%.
    That's true too,i'll just try being me and build my confidence little by little and if she doesn't like who i am it just wasn't meant to be.Next time i see her online(still haven't got her phone number) i'll try and ask her out again.
    Last edited by Yannick1; 15-05-12 at 03:16 PM.

An update : I talked to her yesterday and the first thing she said was sorry that she didn't recognized me and that she didn't say too much because she was so tired.She also thought that i didn't recognized her untill i said hi but didn't want to lie to her so i said i recognized her but waited a while so say hi because of the reasons in my first post,she said "oh ok" in response.It was probably a stupid move but i wanted to be honest.We talked a little while about other stuff before she had to go.Was it okay to be honest or should i have said that i indeed didn't recongized her untill i said hi?

the human race will be extinct soon with this sort of behaviour. first eyball was new years eve and its now almost june and you still havnt laid any pipe.

what are you waiting for? a fromal invitation for dinner?

get stuck in ya big bender

bumb ubm!

Quote Originally Posted by Yannick1 View Post
    An update : I talked to her yesterday and the first thing she said was sorry that she didn't recognized me and that she didn't say too much because she was so tired.She also thought that i didn't recognized her untill i said hi but didn't want to lie to her so i said i recognized her but waited a while so say hi because of the reasons in my first post,she said "oh ok" in response.It was probably a stupid move but i wanted to be honest.We talked a little while about other stuff before she had to go.Was it okay to be honest or should i have said that i indeed didn't recongized her untill i said hi?
    Dude no! OMG....Never ever admit weakness of any kind. Just stop over thinking things. Remember nervousness is weakness and is a turn off to women.

You were give a fine opportunity to just play along and say "ya I didn't recognize you either" "You are much prettier in person that's for sure. Maybe that's why I didn't recognize you" (wink at her) "How about we make plans this weekend for say dinner at this restaurant I want to try out...you game?" (smile at her warmly). "There will be flowers too (say jokingly and grab her hand) "Say yes?" (flirt with her).

If you can't possibly do this then you need to get your shi t together.