+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys, I need your advice please, kinda long but much appreciated if read!

Guys, I need your advice please, kinda long but much appreciated if read!

Basics are that I'm 21 he's 23.

I recently met a guy and we hit off straight away, we've known each other almost a month now, we were texting everyday, had a few skype calls together staying up till like 1am video calling, he admitted was telling me stuff that he hadn't told anyone before, like how his mum has depression and how it stresses him because its just him and his younger sister so he feels stressed looking after everyone but he feels so much better that he can talk to me, also saying how he's nervous about having a relationship again because he wouldn't want to be a letdown because he stresses and worries about his mum so much, I said that he is just looking out for his mum and I promised I would support him in anyway that I can. We both said how happy we were that we've met each other and he is just what i need after the year I've had with guys so far, since I've been cheated on and just left hanging. We met up bout two weeks ago now and spent the weekend together, nothing over the top, just pizza and a film and we talked all night, held hands and shared a few kisses. The next day when he left we were texting that night he was worried that I didn't like him but I re-assured him that I like him tons....
    However since that weekend it just doesn't feel the same. The texting hasn't lasted as long, he says he hasn't had internet for these past weeks cos the bill wasn't paid, so we haven't talked properly on skype and with me being such an insecure person with the lowest self esteem in the world, it really doesn't help that I feel like he doesn't want to talk anymore. He text me friday night saying sorry that he hadn't been in touch and how it was a rubbish week for him and his mum was really down and that he had to go to hospital with her, which is perfectly understandable and he can take as much time as he needs if he wants to sort stuff out at home and i text him saying all that, telling him I'm here for him and if he wants time then take it. That was friday night and we haven't spoken since. I'm struggling to not text him and ask if he's okay, or if we are okay for that matter.

I've had friends saying text him and others saying don't contact him again till he replies, so i wanted to ask you guys.
    I don't want to sound selfish in any way because I want him and his mum to be all good, but I feel like if we don't talk then he might forget about me, which I guess I'm ready for in a way cos i feel like thats whats going to happen, but its just going to suck major.

I dunno, maybe i'm over thinking it like always. I just need a guys point of view and if it was you in this situation, taking into account family problems too.

Thanks, Leandra

Thanks for your post

Well.
    I don't think that you're over thinking it.
    Its a natural reaction. I am afraid to say, but I think he might have contact with other women. The trick about telling girls about very private things ... old. Watch out for guys like that. My advice : End it. As quick as possible. You can kindda see what he is trying to do with the "sick mother" thing and the unpaid bills with the internet and so on ... Bul*sh*t. He either can't be bothered with you, or has someone else.

I'm very sorry to say. If ya want closer advice PM me ...

Quote Originally Posted by Purple&Yellow View Post
    Well.
    I don't think that you're over thinking it.
    Its a natural reaction. I am afraid to say, but I think he might have contact with other women. The trick about telling girls about very private things ... old. Watch out for guys like that. My advice : End it. As quick as possible. You can kindda see what he is trying to do with the "sick mother" thing and the unpaid bills with the internet and so on ... Bul*sh*t. He either can't be bothered with you, or has someone else.

I'm very sorry to say. If ya want closer advice PM me ...
    hey, sent you a pm

He wasn't interested when he met you, and didn't get laid so he's phasing you out...I am sorry about that but probably true sweety