+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should you tell a girl youre self conscious of your body?

I will tell you right now girls are not so hung up on a guys looks. Girls are way different than guys. Girls are looking to be emotionally stimulated un like guys that are visually stimulated...that is why "confidence" is key in attracting a girl. It's how you carry yourself. So wear some smokin clothes and walk nonchalantly, be kool and don't be looking down at your feet....good eye contact.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay19 View Post
    Just be completely honest, don't try and hide anything. She's going to see you shirtless eventually so you might as well show her the real you. You don't really have anything to lose at this point, you haven't even met this girl yet. And like I said before, if she doesn't want to be with you because of you're body then she's not the girl for you anyways and you can avoid wasting anymore time with her.

Good luck.
    well, i sent her a pic. she said "not bad, see that wasnt so hard" then i was like "thanks nothing to be proud of tho, but im ok with that because i feel like if someones that worried about looks, theyre not worth my time. ya know? and she responded with a short "ya"

so then i asked her what she wants to do saturday (the day were supposed to be meeting) and she said she had no idea. which is odd because thats the first time she hasnt thought of something specific she wanted to do. so then i asked if she still wanted to hangout and she just said idk. so i said, well that sounds like a no and didnt get any replies back. so i sent one more text saying, u can tell me if u dont wanna hangout, its nbd. and i havent gotten a text back after that. so idk, she made it seem like she wasnt scared away by the pic, but then got real weird all of a sudden. so i guess we'll see if she ever responds again

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    for a pic??? you haven't met yet IRL?
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    for a pic??? you haven't met yet IRL?
    ya we met online

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I will tell you right now girls are not so hung up on a guys looks. Girls are way different than guys. Girls are looking to be emotionally stimulated un like guys that are visually stimulated...that is why "confidence" is key in attracting a girl. It's how you carry yourself. So wear some smokin clothes and walk nonchalantly, be kool and don't be looking down at your feet....good eye contact.
    ya i know that. in person im a confident guy and dress nice and stuff like that. im not used to meeting ppl online and that want pics. i feel like if ur meeting online, they care more about looks. and shes only 18 so girls that age really just care about looks at that point

Quote Originally Posted by nukl92 View Post
    well, i sent her a pic. she said "not bad, see that wasnt so hard" then i was like "thanks nothing to be proud of tho, but im ok with that because i feel like if someones that worried about looks, theyre not worth my time. ya know? and she responded with a short "ya"

so then i asked her what she wants to do saturday (the day were supposed to be meeting) and she said she had no idea. which is odd because thats the first time she hasnt thought of something specific she wanted to do. so then i asked if she still wanted to hangout and she just said idk. so i said, well that sounds like a no and didnt get any replies back. so i sent one more text saying, u can tell me if u dont wanna hangout, its nbd. and i havent gotten a text back after that. so idk, she made it seem like she wasnt scared away by the pic, but then got real weird all of a sudden. so i guess we'll see if she ever responds again
    Just leave it be. If she's still interested she'll let you know. Don't text her anymore, you'll just drive her away. If she's not interested well at least you found out now before you went through all the trouble of going to meet her.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ughm...it might be a better idea to do something fully dressed then. first impressions are critical.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Women that work out 'seriously' in the gym prefer guys who do the same. Women who don't, usually care less. If she's born naturally thin with a nice figure, chances are she doesn't really care if you're in good shape. I've seen girls with nice bodies date fat guys, so I wouldn't worry about some love handles.

If she's a 3-5 day per week girl in the gym, you'll probably be in some trouble, otherwise don't worry about it so much.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by nukl92 View Post

You shouldn't have added that part about "thanks nothing to be proud of...."...It makes you sound like you have no confidence in yourself and girls really hate that. Either way something is obviously off as she doesn't seem as excited now. From now on, ignore her because you've said enough to her. The ball is in her court.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

thanks for the responses guys. she told me that shes just gonna pick up another extra shift for work that day. so i was like damn, i just got stood up and simply replied with no. so shes being short. so we'll wait and see if she'll keep texting me or not. nbd if she doesnt

I was an 18 year old girl once and looks to some extent are esential but not as much as it is to guys. You are being too critical of yourself. She is already emotionally attached to you so you are way ahead of the game.......don't know why you need to be posting here.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    You shouldn't have added that part about "thanks nothing to be proud of...."...It makes you sound like you have no confidence in yourself and girls really hate that.
    Yeah, that's definitely where you went wrong. The whole point about using humor was to give the impression that you were comfortable with yourself. You kind of blew it with that line there. You were also pretty hesitant to send her a picture which also let her know that you weren't really comfortable with your body. Girls want someone who's confident. A little more self assuredness and you might have been able to pull this off.

I think that if she is interested in you then, she would reply your text or talk to you again online....but if she doesn't then I guess that she may not be interested in you anymore because of the pic that you showed her? But that is really shallow....
    But don't keep contacting her, just because she hasn't contacted you back.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay19 View Post
    Yeah, that's definitely where you went wrong. The whole point about using humor was to give the impression that you were comfortable with yourself. You kind of blew it with that line there. You were also pretty hesitant to send her a picture which also let her know that you weren't really comfortable with your body. Girls want someone who's confident. A little more self assuredness and you might have been able to pull this off.

She is 18 and as he said (and i mostly agree with that) those girls are more picky how guys look so it could have been both of those things that ruined it. I guess we won't really know.

I also now keep wondering with his post if she maybe just wanted a guy to hang out with(friend and all). The post mostly talks about him not liking his body. Other then her saying that he's cute there's not much more info...so it's a lot of assuming by both us and him..no? What type of conversations they usually have is important to know and there's noting about that. If that's the case then that point where he says something about not caring about being with a woman who cares about looks..She was probably..What? this guy thinks i'm into him?..Again, it would have been nice to know what kind of a relationship they had online to see whether it was more then friendly stuff going on. A lot of these hot, young girls are pretty stupid so they don't realize when they're leading guys on. They'll show you their hot pics and stuff but think not much of you and drop you on later (just for some attention and all).
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u View Post
    She is 18 and as he said (and i mostly agree with that) those girls are more picky how guys look so it could have been both of those things that ruined it. I guess we won't really know.

I also now keep wondering with his post if she maybe just wanted a guy to hang out with(friend and all). The post mostly talks about him not liking his body. Other then her saying that he's cute there's not much more info...so it's a lot of assuming by both us and him..no? What type of conversations they usually have is important to know and there's noting about that. If that's the case then that point where he says something about not caring about being with a woman who cares about looks..She was probably..What? this guy thinks i'm into him?..Again, it would have been nice to know what kind of a relationship they had online to see whether it was more then friendly stuff going on. A lot of these hot, young girls are pretty stupid so they don't realize when they're leading guys on. They'll show you their hot pics and stuff but think not much of you and drop you on later (just for some attention and all).
    Hmmm... 18, yeah she may just be shallow.

I don't know, I think it was a date. People generally don't go online to make friends, especially when they're talking to a member of the opposite sex. It sounded like she was interested in him to start. The part where he says something about not wanting to be with women who care about looks may have made it seem like he was getting ahead of himself. She may have thought "What are you talking about? We're not together yet." Or she may have been put off because she's a shallow 18 year old who cares about looks haha.

Anyways nukl92, don't dwell on it too much. Just learn from this experience and go meet someone else. And stop being so self conscious. Either accept how you look or go to the gym and get in shape. Because when you find a girl who really likes you there's going to come a point where she's going to want to see you with your shirt off

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast