+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I ended it now I feel terrible.

I ended it now I feel terrible.

. I met this guy (let's call him Paul) while on a business trip out of town. We had an instant connection. We exchanged numbers before I left and stayed in contact for a year. We talked casually. I eventually began seeing someone else, but always had Paul in the back of my mind. I ignored him for about 3 months while I was seeing the other man. When I stopped seeing him I regained contact with Paul and we began talking about meeting up. He bugged me to come visit him and I always had some excuse. So he finally made plans to come to me. We met up and spent the entire weekend together and it was incredible. I've never experienced a connection like this in my life. He's not even the type I'm usually attracted to. I was smitten after that weekend.

I decided a few weekends ago to travel down and visit him. Mother nature had extremely bad timing so we couldnt "hold hands". He seemed a little fustrated but for the most part it was a nice visit. I know it's such a woman thing to say but it was the little things that really made me believe he was just as crazy about me....he told his whole family about me....he shared all his hopes and dreams with me he talked about how he wanted a wife and kids... He couldn't keep his hands off me. We agreed that we weren't in anything serious but we were seeing each other.

Then after that weekend everything changed. He seemed distant and didn't contact me as much. The last conversation we had he told me he didnt want a relationship and although he would keep seeing me he wouldnt promise me anything. It stung because it sounds to me like nothing but a let down. It sounded like he just wanted a no-strings-attached kind of deal. Screw that. To me this was your classic case of someone promising you the moon and the stars to get what they really want. So I ended it. I told him that he was full of it and to call me when he grows up. We havent talked for a week. I feel like crap because I was rude the last time we talked but I was angry because it just seemed like everything he said was opposite of all the previous things he said. What gives? Am I wrong for ending it? I don't want to be used. I want to be in a relationship with this man even if it's long distance(2 hours).

sounds like it could be one of those on/off/on/off type of relationships where you will Never know where you are with him or him with you.

You are IMO better off cutting all ties and forgetting about him. No good will ever come from a relationship like this. It has no future, it's probably based on lust not love. Big Difference.

I have had a similar experience with a man and it all just ended in tears [mine] when I fell in love with him he broke my heart and moved onto his next girlfr/victim lol]

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by irishgirl2012 View Post
    sounds like it could be one of those on/off/on/off type of relationships where you will Never know where you are with him or him with you.

You are IMO better off cutting all ties and forgetting about him. No good will ever come from a relationship like this. It has no future, it's probably based on lust not love. Big Difference.

I have had a similar experience with a man and it all just ended in tears [mine] when I fell in love with him he broke my heart and moved onto his next girlfr/victim lol]

Best of luck!

I knew I did the right thing... Just having reassurance from someone whose gone through the same thing really helps. I'm sorry that guy hurt you.... I'm finding more and more that guys will say anything to get you in bed. I feel bad for the honest men out there. Thanks for the reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Slammy View Post
    I'm finding more and more that guys will say anything to get you in bed.
    That's more for the guys that don't have a lot of options. From what you wrote, it seems like the reality of you and him together was a bit less than what he imagined. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Don't get too broke up over it.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest