+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What should I do?

What should I do?

Well to start off with I broke up with my ex of 5 years about 3 months ago due to many problems. We recently broke up a year ago and she even had the chance of dating someone else but to eventually then run back in my arms and ask for a second chance which I accepted after giving it some thought. I have known her for 6 years and I can strongly say that I have guided her for all those years and without me only God would know where she would have ended up. She always liked attention because she has lived a tough life and dated the wrong guys when we were just friends years ago and when I asked her out I gave her the love and respect that she really deserved thus her relying on me so much and seeing me as a big part of her life. To sum this story of our breakup, she says that some guys like her but she has no interest in them because they can never be as good as me but also doesnt want to get back together and I'm thinking because of her family interfering because that was the issue that broke us up in the first place. I have always ensured her safety and happiness and she has always included me in her decisions but I can no longer remain like this. She doesn't want to get back together but still gives the odd sign that she misses me as a bf but I just want to move on with my life and I have been trying it lately by not replying to her messages for days but then she starts to call me and I feel so bad and I just cant stand hurting her. She has finally chosen some right friends and has stayed away from the wrongs but she can't not have me in her life. I'm focused on finding a full time job because I have just graduated and also chosen to look after myself by keeping active and finding some decent friends because I can't seem to relate to my current friends due to their habits. Every time I choose to move on and play the not messaging back game she comes back and I can't honestly stand hurting her by telling her that we cant keep in contact anymore. I would want her back because I have put in the sweat and tears to transfer her from who she was to what she is now and I still feel the failure in not going all the way with this relationship but I also wouldn't want another relationship at the moment because the girl that I want does not exist and for her to exist I have to put in the time and effort and I just don't have that at the moment because I wanna build my own life. its so confusing......

Just man up, and tell her that you're not going to talk to her anymore and she needs to stop calling you. Tell you'd be open to a relationship, but other than that, you never want to speak to her again. Be harsh and mean. You've already done enough for her, and she will get over it after the first couple weeks.

All you are doing is enabling her behavior and it has to stop. You are not doing her any favors by being there for her. She needs to grow up and stop depending on you....no worries she will adjust to a new way of life and hopefully with gain some independence. So you can explain this to her that you being there for her is doing more harm than good.

Thanks for your post

Thanks for your post