+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Obsessive, controlling, jealous, and paranoid. Am I insane?

4c1 is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Obsessive, controlling, jealous, and paranoid. Am I insane?

Hi,

I'm new here, and this is my first post, so be nice if you can, lol. Getting straight to the point, I'm young, and have been with my current girlfriend for nearly five months. I absolutely love her to bits, and I still feel the same way about her as I did on day one. I'm a pretty shy and, dare I say it, lonely guy- I spend a lot of time at home on my own on my computer, which I enjoy, but I don't exactly have a huge social life. I also used to do a lot of sports and exercise, but when I started this relationship all of that just seemed to stop. In short, my girlfriend is pretty much the only thing in my life of any interest right now. She also tells me she loves me, but I have a few concerns about her that I want to share and get your views on.
    First, she keeps staring at other guys, even in front of me, and frequently comments to her best friend about how a guy who's just walked past is "hot". If she so much as catches me glancing at another girl, she will be angry at me, yet whenever I've tried to confront her about her behaviour she refuses to listen to me. Even worse than this, on nights out together she spends most of the time looking around, as if to look around for guys like a single girl would. In fact, last week a randomer started flirting with her, and deliberately dropped his phone on the ground so she would bend over and pick it up - everytime she did this he'd stand behind her and make thrusting movements. I, of course, stopped him, but he kept coming back. The worst part is, she made NO effort to stop him - I'd say she enjoyed it. It makes me feel sick, and this isn't the only time something like this has happened. I get really upset every time she spends time with other guys, or even talks to them. I feel really bad for feeling this way, but I can't seem to help it.
    At the end of the day, I don't trust her, and she makes me very jealous as a person. I don't feel secure with her anymore, and she just won't listen to what I have to say. I love her way more than she loves me, and I can't see this changing...I don't know what to do, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by 4c1 View Post
    At the end of the day, I don't trust her, and she makes me very jealous as a person. I don't feel secure with her anymore, and she just won't listen to what I have to say. I love her way more than she loves me, and I can't see this changing...I don't know what to do, thoughts?
    You have basically answered your own question. End the relationship.

She doesn't respect you. Eventually she is going to get tired of you and find another guy. This is going to hurt immensely. The only thing you can do to prevent this is, although it seems counterintuitive, break up with her first. Tell her you can't be with a girl who treats you this way and you have to end it, although you still love her. She will either let it happen, or she will turn herself around for a while.

She is an attention whore, dump her.

If you like being a doormat, then don't change a thing. If you don't, then it's time to walk away.

Thanks for your post

Thanks for your post