+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she 'like' like me?

Does she 'like' like me?

Hi girls!

Here's my situation: at the university, like a year ago, I met a girl in class. She was cute, but we just talked like any normal person would and I wasn't interested in her in particular. After the class I didn't see her for some time, but then we ran into each other a couple of times at the university and it was nice, but still nothing really exciting (at least not for me, we did have a couple of long talks). This year, though, we ran into each other in some study hall and she immediately wanted to have coffee and chat, which I agreed to.

We talked for like two hours and it was really fun! She had a bit of 'I like you' look and kept asking me personal questions and such. We both were going away on special trips, so I suggested it'd be nice to meet up again and talk about that. She was excited and gave me her phone number and email, so after my trip I decided to make contact with her again. I emailed her to maybe have a drink at the university and she was excited and said yes. But she's finishing grad school and she says she's kind of busy this week finishing, so she suggested we'd go have a drink somewhere outside the university after she finished.

On the one hand I think she likes me, on the other I am not too sure....maybe she's just being nice.

I am wondering what the women here think!

Thanks!

If a girl is anxious to give you her number and email, it's a given, especially with her initiating to go have coffee with you right off the bat. How many green lights do you need?

She likes you.

Thanks for your post

Thanks for your post

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    If a girl is anxious to give you her number and email, it's a given, especially with her initiating to go have coffee with you right off the bat. How many green lights do you need?
    Really? Some people can be friendly in general....she also takes a long time to answer my emails, sometimes like a week or something. Or is that just me driving myself crazy?
    I know, I am kind of an idiot when it comes to this, sorry. It's just that I've been hurt before in these types of things.

Just go for the drink and see what happens during that, whatever happens, use your big head not your little head to judge the situation, nothing is worse than self hypnotising about the extent of the relationship and then realising it wasn't as thought.
    The girl seemed to be sending you mixed messages, you have to understand that girls can be really flirty but claim not to mean anything when the critical time approaches.

Just because they ask you for coffee or a drink doesn;t mean that they will give their hearts and spend the rest of their lives with you - treat it more like a job interview.
    Last edited by blacksheepat; 28-05-12 at 08:58 PM.

What do you mean with 'mixed signals'? You mean that it takes awhile before she answers?

She obviously likes you. When a girl has no interest in a guy, he will know. As long as you are getting positive signals, she likes you. We have trouble hiding our feelings. When a girls heart starts leaning towards a man, it will be obvious. Take her out for a coffee, I know she will be responsive. She is not being nice, she is interested! When will guys just get that! lol jk

Quote Originally Posted by JosephineJ View Post
    She obviously likes you. When a girl has no interest in a guy, he will know. As long as you are getting positive signals, she likes you. We have trouble hiding our feelings. When a girls heart starts leaning towards a man, it will be obvious. Take her out for a coffee, I know she will be responsive. She is not being nice, she is interested! When will guys just get that! lol jk
    I figured it out, but it took me...say, 20 years...to finally become fluent in female signals. I usually saw the signals and said to myself, "Naw, I don't believe it!" As one trained in statistical analysis, I was always looking for some clear explanation for why they liked me...there had to be a logical explanation, certain things must occur or be said or whatever...blah, blah, blah.

Then, I discovered that girls/women can just like you (or not) because it is an emotional thing. There might be other factors, but at the end of the day, women like you because being with you makes them feel happy.

Now, when I see that a woman likes me, I just go with it. They may or may not be "the one," but if they like me and want to spend time with me, and I like them and want to spend time with them...where's the harm in that? It's nice to be liked by someone who you like.

And, that only took me 20 years to figure out.

--Signed "A Man"

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mav1990 View Post
    I suggested it'd be nice to meet up again and talk about that. She was excited and gave me her phone number and email, so after my trip I decided to make contact with her again. I emailed her to maybe have a drink at the university and she was excited and said yes. ....maybe she's just being nice.
    Thanks!
    She IS being nice. She also likes you. Carry on, don't over think this, as Cam said.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I have learnt to be direct, people struggle to interpret signals. Perhaps just telling her that you are interested may be what it takes. I have a friend who was interested in a guy and she had to say to him "I like you" for him to realise that she was interested in HIM. He thought she was just being nice and poilite (he didn't understand the signals). Maybe both genders need to be more direct in their approach.