+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any Advice for the Meantime?

Any Advice for the Meantime?

Hey forum, long time no see.

I’ll try to keep this brief for this first post and if people need more info for more customized advice I’ll post but we all know those novels right off the bat are hard to decipher.

So long story short I’ve been friends with a married man for about a year and half. We became physical about a month ago (That’s one of those 'this could turn into a novel' details I’ll hold off on for now). He has recently moved out of his house to take steps to dissolve his current marriage (I know how it sounds, but they are independent events).

We have determined that we both like each other, however and justifiable so, a committed relationship in the traditional sense is no way plausible at this time. My question is, in the meantime, what’s the best approach to make sure if that time comes and he can consider a serious relationship again I don’t knock myself out of the pool of potential candidates?

Has anyone in a similar situation had a success or failure story they can share?

Thanks in advance.
    Ted, how do I explain this to you. Last night, I ate the best cake of my life. Do you think I'm gonna let that cake out of my life? Hell no. I'm gonna find out what bakery made that cake and I'm gonna get some more cake.

Good luck!