+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with someone i've never met

In love with someone i've never met

Hey guys, so i'm in a weird situation.
    I dont know if you guys have ever been on one of these online games and stuff where you speak to random people, but I used to play one a few years back. I met someone on there, a guy my age, i know he's real from pictures and everything haha but over time we've spoken alot and im pretty convinced im head over heels in love with him. he tells me (or used to) the same thing.
    I've never been in love before so im not sure, and i've never told anyone, but i dont ever stop thinking about him. ever!!
    but recently, he hasnt spoken to me much, which is kinda sad haha, anyway i think its stopping me live my life since he lives in the US and i'm from england! :p
    But what i was trying to ask is that is this weird? Has this happened to anyone else before? or am i just completely crazy? and how should i try and get over him if he's already gotten over me? or hasn't he? Sorry about all the questions haha, but i really appreciate any answer! Thank you guys!

This isn't love, it's infatuation. How can you love someone you've never met? You don't even know the real him, just the parts of him he's chosen to show you. When we have a crush on someone we tend to make them out to be greater than they really are. I gaurentee you this guy isn't as great as he seems to be. Once you realize that you shouldn't have too much trouble getting over him.

Don't worry about it, it happens to all of us. I've had many ridiculous crushes on girls (in real life and on the internet), and at the time tey seemed like the only one for me, but over time the feelings faded and I realized how these girls were actually totally wrong for me, I was just blind to it at the time.

Just stop thinking about him, and don't try and contact him. Go out and meet guys in real life. Once you find someone you like who can actually talk to face to face you'll realize how unfulliling an internet relationship is.

Happens to a lot of people. There have been other people posting about their "online GF" and how she is ignoring them, etc.

I have been playing WOW for about 6 years now and there have been times when it's a meat market of flirtation and affairs. My friend met her guy on there and they are living together in Quebec.

Anyways online affairs are quite common BUT 20% is reality and 80% fantasy. It is too easy to develop a fantasy image of someone when you physically don't date them in real life......so the emotions can really get out of hand. When the interest dies off then it's time to move on, so yes it would be best for you to move on and date locally. The reality of Long distant relationships is location.....someone has to relocate but that isn't always possible, and even then things can just fall apart.

Gonna be painful but alright, thanks a lot i guess im young so a fool :p haha

Maybe try and play on a server that has players predominantly from your area.

Thanks for your post.