+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating an older woman

Dating an older woman

I met a very attractive woman recently. There was instant attraction. I am 36, and she is 45. She is very passionate, beautiful and witty. I am very drawn to her. We are building a solid foundation
    right now, so we are committed to being friends first so we can develop trust. We both know that we will end up dating seriously. Is the age difference a big deal? Would sex be an issue? Since she is approaching menopause age, would her personality/preferences change? I am the oldest man she has ever dated....is that a red flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost88 View Post
    I am the oldest man she has ever dated....is that a red flag?
    BIG RED FLAG.
    I met a woman recently. I'm 48, she was 53 and that put me off.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think you need to worry about sex being an issue. Women that age have an enormous sex drive. If anything, I believe you will have a hard time keeping her happy.

The fact that she doesn't date men in her age range... well, that is probably more of an issue.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I don't know if it's a big red flag that she dates younger. If she's got a lot going on, which you say she does, the pool of available men with a lot going on in her age range is miniscule.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

I suspect she's active and in good shape and unfortunately tooooo many men past the age of 40 have let their stomachs grow along with their retirement funds. (sorry but tis true) I'd not say always dating younger was a red flag. A better thing to find out however is how long she manages to maintain a relationship with these younger men. If she's going through them like grapes, well then you have a woman who is unable to commit. That would be a red flag if you're actually looking for a long term relationship based on mutual want and compatibility.

when you are 40, she ll be almsot 60. not for me this behaviour.

Age is but a number and if you like her and the relationship works, stop obsessing about the fact she's older than you. You won't know if it works until you give it a shot. And speaking from experience, being a menopausal 42 has not dampened MY libido in any way